Paint is coming off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wade193

Reaction score
After washing my car last Thursday I noticed areas where the paint was missing. I can see the primer and there is a circle where the clear coat has cracked. The car is only 14 months old.
Took it to Nissan who dismissed it straight away, but I'd like to find the cause.
There was nothing spilt on the car and i don't even let guano stay on there before washing it off.

There are a few other spots in the same area as well.

What could have caused it?

p1-1.jpg

p2-1.jpg

p3-1.jpg

Holy shit! Definitely get an expert (notice how I didn't say Nissan) to look at it.

I'll definitely get it checked by a painter. That will have to wait til Monday.
I just use car wash, the blue Armorall one.
The dealer told me to ring Nissan Aust to find out why it wasn't approved as warranty. They said get an independant opinion so I will.

It is hard to get a real feel for it by the photos. My mate asked if it was egged but i would have noticed residue from it and I walk past that side of the car everyday.

I will let you know what a painter thinks.

been using that blue armor all wash on my cars for years, never any problems so I doubt it was that.

Typical Nissan, "Never heard of that issue". !@#$wits.

Hence why I brought a Dmax.

Typical Nissan, "Never heard of that issue". !@#$wits.

Hence why I brought a Dmax.
I hope where not going to here that everytime someone has a prob with a nissan, pull ya head out of the clouds mate all cars f%*k up.

That does look like somthing has been splashed or spilt on it. Maybe somthing on the panel before it was painted. Hard to say from the pics. I have seen a pic somewhere maybe on the Frontier forum where the paint had lifted in a big patch but nothing like that.
Good luck with Nissan.

I hope where not going to here that everytime someone has a prob with a nissan, pull ya head out of the clouds mate all cars f%*k up.

Obviously you haven't read all my 12500 posts.

Ill rubbish any manufacture that treats their customers like shit.

See my posts bagging Sax ? I did that because of their dog shit service.

Ill have ago at Isuzu if they !@#$ around aswell.

Obviously reading Nissan forum's I am mainly going to see Nissan's shit house attitude to customer service and warrenty.

With 189 posts, Id like to thank you for your input. Its been so valuable, when you have contributed as much as myself, Jason, Krafty, Tony, Krankin and Dave etc then you're entitled to rubbish me.

Oh wait you haven't, I am entitled to my opinion as much as you're.

Since you're from Tasmania, you can see what people with big mouths do. Hence why use have the highest unemployment in Australia due to a bunch of !@#%ing idiot stoner Greens.

See my point, Dylan, myself, Dave (Shonky), Krafty, Krankin made this place the way it is.

Dont try and dictate when you have contributed SFA really.

when you have contributed as much as myself, Jason, Krafty, Tony, Krankin and Dave etc then you're entitled to rubbish me.

Woohoo I'm in!!!

Go and get fcuked Dave, you know sweet FA about anything and you are only taking up space on the forum!!!

If he goes over speed bumps he will be ok, he's got those cushy leather bum resters to make sure he doesn't get uncomfortable,

Nah it's not about how worthy you are, you just caught him on the wrong day of the month.

Latest posts

Back