tyre deflators

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrymdr

Reaction score
Howdy all. Anyone using the Ferret tyre deflator ? Look pretty simple just found them while looking at other units. Around $20 from what I have read on web pages.

( Have not used the brand mentioned )I have always thought tyre deflators were a waste of money.... Then at the last muster I won a set of arb deflators. I would not be without the arb units ever again.

One of the Arb, OPL, Ironman quick deflator are the best. Easy to use and you can let your tyres down to what ever desired pressure you want. The permanent tyre deflators you leave on can only go to a single preset pressure

always had staun, a set at 16psi and a set at 20psi. Screw on and go, iv always been iffie about unscrewing the valve. Realy does it mater, as long as the wife sets the right pressure

always had staun, a set at 16psi and a set at 20psi. Screw on and go, iv always been iffie about unscrewing the valve. Realy does it mater, as long as the wife sets the right pressure

The trouble with leaving those type of deflators on is that they can cause the entire valve stem to split and also be caught up and tear the valve stem clean out, especially in muddy conditions, ruts ect.
if for that reason they say not to leave them on when driving.

I have a set of "Staun's" but dont really use them anymore.
Personally since i was given a rapid deflator i will never use anything else, they are super quick you can dump 15psi in seconds, easy to use, very accurate i like to have my back tyres slightly lower then my fronts when i have no weight in it and using the rapid deflator allows me to do that quite easily and accurately unlike the Staun's, when i checked the pressure after setting them they would vary from use to use.

staun's are shit,unreliable and hard to adjust in the field
the rapid deflater is the way to go
i have an arb one and a freebie from tigerz
the arb looks to be better built

I have a copy of Staun's that cost about $20.00.

I find them impossible to adjust accurately. Some go down fast, others slow and where they stop, nobody knows.

They were all set to what I thought was 18 psi, only to come back and find one tyre went down to 10 psi and still may not have finished.

Now I put all 4 on and when the sound of outgoing air slows down, I check with a gauge & let the remainder out manually.

Maybe mine were exceptionally poor quality?

I found the st aun to be slow and inaccurate so agree,i now use the tigers quicky and that type of deflater is the quickest.If you are worried about the valve inserts carry a few spares.

I read on another forum that these deflaters come with A RB instructions so could be a real bargain. Haven't bought one myself so could be wrong.Any one got an A RB for comparison?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tyre-Def...tors-/130756264326?hash=item1e71ae4186&_uhb=1

ok
the arb deflator cost $75(18mths ago)
the other one was a freebie from tigerz11($25 on ebay)
you be the judge

Last edited:
Can definately see the extra money for the A rb.
Nice looking unit and an easy to read guage.

I used to use Staun deflators. Threw them in the bin probably 15 years ago, they are just too slow. These days I use an ARB one - although for the casual user, probably and of the "cheapie copies" will do the job just as well. They are fast enough, accurate as all hell, and simple to use.

Latest posts

Back