Any air con or refridgeration tech's here ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Been trying to find a price over the last few days of the air con units with 2 indoor units and one outside unit.

Sorta like ducted but not that big, been told not to bother as there expensive.

Its for 2 bedroom's, been looking at a 1hp Panasonic unit for my room. But 50/50 wouldn't hurt and cheaper to for me.

Dave.

We organised such a unit for my in-laws, got it from Good Guys at Kotara. It's an inverter system, really quiet, one head is more powerful than the other (but I am sure that you can get balanced ones too).

Tony out of interest what brand did you go and if you dont mind how much ?

We have a Mitsubishi unit here that is over 20 years old and has never seen a fridgie to service it.

Panasonic is one brand I have never had a problem with, so that and Mitsubishi are my 2 prefered brands.

Cheers.

Dave.

Fujitsu unit, about $4300 without fitting. If you want to go to same size heads, it'll cost you some more.

This happened a couple of years ago (18 months maybe). As you'd expect, it could all have changed now.

All I know is that they're very happy with the units. Nice and quiet, you only know they're running because the place is so comfy.

I didn't think they would be that dear.

Might go for a smaller Panasonic since its only a bedroom, I was thinking about putting one in the next room aswell.

Looks to be cheaper and go 2 units.

Dave.

I think a mate recently got a 1kW bedroom unit installed for $1200, think it was a Panasonic.

I was talking to Good Guys sales chick yesterday and its about $1300 installed.

Might head that way, cheers Jase. Price sounds about right then.

Dave.

Geez like everything else A/C have gone up, three years ago we got a 7.03kw single head LG inverter delivered and installed for $1900 and that included the extra refrigerant and longer pipes I needed because of where the outside unit had to go.

I had my lg split system unit installed and gassed up and a lot of copper pipe used too because of where it was aswell, for $400. Pays to know someone who know someone, i reckon there was at least $200 just in the copper piping.

Our installation was about $400 and the only reason we didn't just do it ourselves was because of the refrigerant and because a/c guy refused to only do part of the job and sign off on our electrical work. Had it not been for the extra bits the job would have been done in half the time and I wouldn't have had an a/c sitting in the garage for 2 weeks.

I'd say it was pretty good. It took two guys about 5 hours to install mine and $400 is only $40 per hour for each bloke which isn't much for some tradies. If the same guys hired me they'd be paying a lot more than $40 an hour

I was quoted $500 to install. Being a 2 storey house no doubt they will want more.

Dave.

I was quoted $500 to install. Being a 2 storey house no doubt they will want more.

Dave.

The guy that installed ours doesn't charge more for a second storey providing the pipe run is pretty much straight down to the outside unit. He has to use a ladder and go up the outside wall even on a single storey so on a straight run it's a little more pipe work but two storey straight up could only be about an extra 8 or 9 feet of pipe and that much pipe doesn't need extra refrigerant in it.

I know I'd rather climb up a straight two storey wall and run the pipe than climbing through 15.5 meters of roof cavity and running the same pipes and cables like they did on my place.

Ended up buying a Mitsubishi heavy industries model.

Have another Mitsubishi air con here that is about 20 years old and has never been touched.

Dave.

But Mark Taylor tells us we all need a Fujitsu, are you really happy going against the word of such a knowledgeable air conditioner expert?

Not sure even a free barbie makes up for listening to Tubby, or Brightie, (although he doesn't appear on as many of the ads anymore).

Latest posts

Back