Service Intervals

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was quoted $995 for my 40K service (I asked). A lot dearer than that site indicates, but you have to wonder if there's so much work being done at that service, are there things being missed in order to achieve those savings? I realise that Nissan can set their own pricing, but somewhere along the line, in order to charge $300 less for a service, either Nissan have to be massively overcharging or the competitor is skipping a few steps or not providing a trained mechanic to do the work.

I'm sure that when I get my invoice for the vehicle's 40K service it'll have an itemised list of the work done, just like my Commodore had. And I was extremely happy with the Commodore's servicing, performed by the Holden dealer. They are methodical, they follow a predefined set of factory-approved steps and use recommended replacement items.

I'm happy to pay a little more to make sure that it's done as per the factory's requirements. While the mechanic might not be lax when it comes to safety, it was a non-Holden mechanic that didn't methodically check over my car and caused us to be stranded on the side of the road with a blown radiator hose. The Holden dealer had, on one occasion, advised me that those hoses were showing signs of wear and should be replaced - which they did.

The dealers want to keep you happy with their business, because they want your business, I guess.

Does anyone know what needs doing to a d22, 3.0td on a 100,000ks service? mine is almost due to be done and not through a dealer...

cheers mark.

At $995 Tony I'd nearly take that up, my local has their prices on the board and a 40K D40 is quoted at $1400. Paying a little more is one this but when Nissan dealers can make that much price difference it's a joke.

The problem with websites like these is they do rely on information handed to them, given their range it's not like that have taken every vehicle in and priced the service so if they only go to a few dealers and get prices then average it out you can never expect an exact figure. But as raywise said it;s good for detailing services especially for those doing it themselves or those who may not have the manuals.

Does anyone know what needs doing to a d22, 3.0td on a 100,000ks service? mine is almost due to be done and not through a dealer...

cheers mark.
website removed due to bad link,,

Last edited by a moderator:
those who may not have the manuals.

That should be any of us with new cars.

I asked my dealer for the manual. It was pretty much a flat "no" - comes on DVD, has updates online and costs about $1,000 but only available to authorised centres.

Gregory's don't make them any more, Haynes took them over, and they don't do a D40 manual.

I suppose it stops "backyard mechanics" from tinkering with what truly is a complex beast.

That should be any of us with new cars.

I asked my dealer for the manual. It was pretty much a flat "no" - comes on DVD, has updates online and costs about $1,000 but only available to authorised centres.

Gregory's don't make them any more, Haynes took them over, and they don't do a D40 manual.

I suppose it stops "backyard mechanics" from tinkering with what truly is a complex beast.

I actually meant the service manuals, there are quite a few second hand cars sold without service manuals these days and most manuals have a pretty good break down of what should happen at each service.

I haven't read my electronic manual that well yet does it have anything to do with the services in it?

Maintenance is "MA.PDF". Table starts on page 8 with a reasonably comprehensive list of things to do at different intervals.

Clearly someone who's read the manual better than I. All I read is the stuff about how to dismantle and alter I haven't bothered with maintenance yet.

Clearly someone who's read the manual better than I.

Not really. I've had a look through it, but I had to open it to get the actual details. There are over 1,000 pages of manual, my old brain doesn't stand a chance. I just keep the thing handy - it's on my work laptop, which is also my relax laptop, and the one piece of equipment you can pretty much guarantee to find me with almost anywhere.

Yeah I'm the same. every pc has it, the old mans pc has it and I've got it on cd and memory stick. The laptop I'm taking away with me will also have all the error codes, fuel figures and the maps of Australia which are a little old now but with one disc per state they are still fairly comprehensive.

And it's good for many makes and models too which makes it beneficial for those doing service on vehicles other than Nav's

Thanks for that, although i have been told the engine needs a shim adjustment and clean/ replace the injectors, it does not seem to mention if this needs doing..

cheers mark.

Latest posts

Back