Gearbox help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris89

Reaction score
Hi all,

i own a 93 nissan navara 4wd 2.4ltr petrol and am having problems with the gearbox....just curious which gearbox/trans i could put into it without having to do a rebuild on the gearbox itself.

if it helps the motor is a KA24E.

cheers

The problem is more the bellhousing and transfer case. The Nissan gearboxes were used on a range of models, but they changed the bellhousing to suit the engine.
The KA24E shared a bellhousing with the older Z24 and the RB30 in the Patrol. The Patrol had the transfer case on the other side, though, so prob avoid that one.

Basically, anything in a 4WD Navara, Pathfinder or Terrano with the KA24E engine will be fine.

Have a look on your compliance plate and see if you have the older 71C gearbox or the FSR30A The 30A is a much stronger gearbox than the 71C.

The alternative is put an auto in, the RE401RA, which is also a fine gearbox, but will involved more work, such as pedal box, and an auto ECU.

thanks for the input pinelli ill have a look when i get a chance and let you know the outcome as it progresses

cheers

fs5w71 is the only gear box you can fit to the ka24e as far as i'm aware unless you want 4 spd. there are also 2 gear options. 2wd gearbox had higher 1-2-3 ratio then the 4wd, or 2wd diesel which is significantly lower gears.

there is a vg30 adapter kit for the 240sx(s13) with the ka24. but the belhousing is different on the car. truck block starter mounts beside the motor and car block it bolts to the block. it might bolt up though. i have both blocks types in my shop however havnt got around to seeing what actually fits what

heres the link to the car adapter. http://www.enjukuracing.com/products/Xcessive-VG30-%7B47%7D-KA-Transmission-Adapter.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back