Major Service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trb012

Reaction score
Hey guys my nav's just about to clock up 100,000km and im going to give it a major service change all the oils filters ect. Just wondering what oils people have used and what they recomend for the front and rear diffs,tranfere case and gearbox oil? Also whats the correct procedure for changing the fuel filter? This is my first diesel so havnt done one before also anything else I should change lookout for while im doing the service? Thanks in advance :)

I can give you the Nissan recommendations for the D40 from their factory manual, which should be very similar to the D22.

Engine oil: 7.1 litres (7.6 with oil filter change) of API grade CF-4 or JASO DH-1. Never use API CG-4. Preferred viscosity is 5W-30.

Manual gearbox: 3.99 litres (2WD) or 4.32 litres (4WD) of API GL-4, SAE 75W-85

Transfer case: Genuine Nissan ATF Matic Fluid D (probably Dexron III)

Diff - Front - 0.85 litres
Diff - Rear - 2.01 litres of:
* API Gl-5 SAE 80W-90 for standard diff
* Gear Oil Hypoid LSD part No. KLD31-8090403 "or equivalent" (no other info)

Auto gearbox: "Genuine Nissan ATF Matic Fluid J. They explicity state that anything other than genuine Nissan ATF will void the warranty.

Power Steering: Genuine Nissan PSF or equivalent - Dexron III type ATF can be used.

Brake Fluid: Dot 3 (US FMVSS No. 116).

Multi purpose grease: NLGI No.2 (Lithium soap base).

Hope that helps!

Quick Question, Best way to empty radiator out....

Got bash plates etc underneath, do they have to be removed to find a tap/pull hose?

And D40 has different fluid amounts than D22.. ZD30 took 6.2 litres engine oil, 11 litres radiator coolant, 5.1 Manual Transmission, 1.3 for Rear & Front diff with 10% LSD Friction modifier.

Back