how much did you buy your new car for?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyline_man

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying the titanium edition and was wondering what members have paid for their new car at the dealers? After a lot of haggling, one dealer quoted me $50,350 for a manual with leather seats, tow bar and nudge bar. He said that it's his cost price. Is that a fair price to pay for a titanium edition?

I seriously doubt the dealer is going to bend over to sell you a car at cost price.

$50K for the Titanium - a nice car - does sound reasonable. Mine cost me a bit more than that, but then I added a few more things to it too.

It definitely wont be his cost price as they get rebates and bonus's etc......
But that is still a good price from what I have seen and heard around the traps.

I paid $42,900 driveaway for mine with towbar, tint,floor mats, diesel/manual. That was in march this year. D40 ST-X, I havent seen them that cheap since though.

paid 43 for mine on the road with paint & interior protection pack, electronic rust protection, tinted windows, metallic paint, towbar & rubber floormats. and with abn got to claim 4000 back on gst so it was only 39!
don't think i could justify another 7 grand for leather seats and a nudge bar, although the colour is quite nice.
food for thought, i've seen leather seat trim sets for navaras on ebay for $395 (i think), just take ur car to upholsterer and they remove the cloth trims and fit the leather, think it also came with door trim inserts.
either way i'm sure you'll be happy, d40's are awesome, so much so i'm trying to convince my wife to trade our honda mdx on an r51 pathfinder

My D40 off the shelf was down at $46K plus on roads. After stuff started getting added at dealer prices I stopped caring about the final figure and concentrated on change over. Apparently Nav's went on special on the first of Sept and I actually signed on the line on the first so the day before the price actually started at $49K.

i was lucky, one bloke quoted me 41 drive away on a 2008 model in feb 09 but when i contacted my finance broker he offered to find me a better deal, who could argue?
he got me a 2009 plate fresh off the boat (longest two weeks of my life) for the same price, then i got suckered into the 'protection pack'

i was lucky, one bloke quoted me 41 drive away on a 2008 model in feb 09 but when i contacted my finance broker he offered to find me a better deal, who could argue?
he got me a 2009 plate fresh off the boat (longest two weeks of my life) for the same price, then i got suckered into the 'protection pack'

Only time I ever get suckered into the protection pack is when I'm trading the car in, it's suprising just how many of these experts who want to give you top dollar on your trade in and can tell everything little thing about your car can't tell if the protection pack is on there. I doubt it ever makes a difference in the trade in price but if they can bullshit to make a sale I can bullshit to close the deal

$47,500 inc GST STX King cab with towbar, snorkel, Heavy duty alloy tray with trundle & ladder bars, metallic paint & mats.

$53000 ecb bullbar driving lights bfg AT tyres, snorkel, heavy duty steel tray, turbo timer, towbar, scuff plates, tint, ruffnut seat covers, billet grill, mats think im missing few things but yeah bout 10g worth of extras

$49000 drive away Titanium with leather, tow bar and Flexiglass sports canopy. Bought it through the company I work for on a sallery sacrifice deal. Allowed a big fleet discount as well as no GST.

I paid $42,000 for mine back in 2006. Was $36,990 but about $5000 of extra's added.

Its the old model but reliable, I wasn't to keen to be a guinea pig with the D40's at the time.

Dave.

When I said "a bit more" I meant it, seems I've paid a lot? $66K all up on the road, but I'm so happy with the vehicle, in my mind it's all money well spent.

Wow, your dealer will be having a great Christmas party this year! You should get an invite for spending that kind of money!
I hope they gave you a full tank of fuel too?

I hope they gave you a full tank of fuel too?

My dealer actually sounded put out that I asked for a full tank of diesel, reckons it was something they do for every car and I shouldn't have had to ask. Any other car sale I've had it's been ask or you don't get, even then you might not get it unless it's written on the contract.

Full fuel tank - absolutely. And I get Navaras as loan cars and little argument about getting things done too.

My list of inclusions almost needed 2 pages though. It was, after all, my very first brand new car, so I didn't skimp on the nice stuff.

Black Auto Diesel Titanium, Reverse Sensors & Towbar.
Ordered STX MY09 in late June for September, got put back to October.
No Black Auto's again, offered Titanium, deal between dealers fell thru.
Eventually picked up last friday. $48100.

Black Auto Diesel Titanium, Reverse Sensors & Towbar.
Ordered STX MY09 in late June for September, got put back to October.
No Black Auto's again, offered Titanium, deal between dealers fell thru.
Eventually picked up last friday. $48100.

I had a similar issue, except I ordered mine on the 1st of September and didn't care about the colour, gave the dealer several choices and told him to find one of them. Had I been stuck on the colour I wouldn't have got mine till this month and I couldn't wait that long, it's taken me long enough to get it ready for next month without starting from scratch now.

Latest posts

Back