Rattles!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4.8GU

Reaction score
Hey all I just thought I would let some others know of problem I had with my nav (pretty well from new)

Had a really annoying rattle type noise coming from under the dash on the drivers side and I just could not find it while driving. It was when you put your foot down on the accelerator under load it would make a rattle.

Anyway finally had a good look under there today and found the fly by wire accelerator assembly was loose!!! There are three 12mm nuts holding it in place and they were all loose one almost rattled completely off!

Anyway if you have a similar rattle that could be the culprit.

Also there is a clip on the passenger side behind the lower glove box that holds some electrical cabling that rattles also. Used a zip tie to tighten that up.

Man it is so nice to drive now without any noise under load etc. It really makes a difference.

Anyway I don't hope anyone else has this problem but if they do hope this narrows down ya searches.

I HATE RATTLES!!! lol

Thats interesting I thought my rattle was actually behind the instrument cluster but your rattles have made me wonder. Think I might go out in the morning and check that.

On the passenger side I've already got hold of that one and added cables for my cb and reversing camera to it so that rattle was fixed quickly pretty much the same way.

thanks for the heads up 4.8GU

I'm going into the garage to have a look at mine.

Edit - as tight as a nuns [oops] - suffice to say that Father O'Leary was decidedly happy.

And so am I, but then I've not got many rattles happening. I am going to make a whole mess of little pads made of that non-slip mat stuff to sit in the tray on the dash, the drink holders, the other little container things etc etc. I put stuff in like my garage remote and it does make noise, but that one's my fault.

Last edited:
Hey all I just thought I would let some others know of problem I had with my nav (pretty well from new)

Had a really annoying rattle type noise coming from under the dash on the drivers side and I just could not find it while driving. It was when you put your foot down on the accelerator under load it would make a rattle.

Anyway finally had a good look under there today and found the fly by wire accelerator assembly was loose!!! There are three 12mm nuts holding it in place and they were all loose one almost rattled completely off!

Anyway if you have a similar rattle that could be the culprit.

Also there is a clip on the passenger side behind the lower glove box that holds some electrical cabling that rattles also. Used a zip tie to tighten that up.

Man it is so nice to drive now without any noise under load etc. It really makes a difference.

Anyway I don't hope anyone else has this problem but if they do hope this narrows down ya searches.

I HATE RATTLES!!! lol

Had this problem on the Gary Highway out in the middle of Australia....only found it when I noticed 2 x 12mm nuts in the footwell :)

Turns out that wasn't my rattle as like tony mine are with the nun. Mine is a bit intermittent and I believe it's just cabling that maybe hasn't gone back in its original spot when I took the dash out, next time I need the dash out for something I'll pay more attention.

I put stuff in like my garage remote and it does make noise, but that one's my fault.

My garage remote rattles in the overhead compartment that most people use for sunnies. My sunnies seem to like floating around the car rather than sitting in one place so the overhead compartment works fine to stash the remote.

My Nav already had rubber inserts in all the drink holders and console spaces, dunno if the dealer put there there or not but I've had a handful of coins in one of the center holes for a few weeks now and not a rattle comes from them. I did however find there was a light in the front hole of the center console after the dealer stuck their complimentary mints in there after the 1K service. I also put my scangauge in the top tray on the dash and used a dash mat to cover it so not rattles there either.

Krafty, does your rattle sound like it is behind the instrument cluster perhaps on the firewall? Mine makes this rattle when under heavy load, particularly in reverse. It is a hard one to track down beacause it can only really be simulated when driving. Sounds like a loose bracket vibrating on the firewall at a relatively low frequency. Mine didn't use to do it, but appeared after I had my engine out.

Last edited:
Mine rattles under load too, I think mine sounds like a heat shield rattling, but I'll check the acclerator pedal,

To be honest I hadn't considered it being on the other side of the firewall it could well be though. I might have to look into that a bit further, here I was blaming myself for not putting the dash back in exactly the same spot and all along it could be someone elses fault. Damn!

He obviously doesn't let her near the PC either........or the forums at the very least :p

*whack*

He obviously doesn't let her near the PC either........or the forums at the very least :p

*whack*

She's got her own bloody laptop, I still have to fix it and no matter how many times I tell her that the Huggies forum is actually a virus she still wont believe me but she doesn't need to understand the important things like cars.

Mine was rattling from what seemed like instrument cluster they replaced the flywheel and it disapeared but is coming back again

I gave up looking for mine and just turned the radio up louder. If it's coming from the dash or instrument cluster and there is no smoke then it can't be too bad. When the volume gets to maximum if I can still hear it I might pull the dash out...to fit a new stereo.

I think I spoke too soon with mine!!!!
I know that the noise went away after I was down there playing for a while but now it is back. (my pedal assembly needed tightening anyway! lol)

I am now concluding that it may actually be the wiring in behind the driver kick panel as I moved this around when I was playing the first time.

I am going to zip tie everything up tight and see how that goes. May even rap some bits up in adhesive foam tape.

Will report back when done anyway.

try this

nissan bangkok sumwhere told me something to do with fuel lines too close togethr??? or smthing related to. does ur rattle sound almost rotational? coz that's wot i'm getting under load. i'm just s**ttin' myself it's not to do with sum new sexy 2 piece bikini flywheel setup. thoughts any1

I doubt this is related to many of the rattle queries in this thread but I was talking to a mechanic mate in Canada who does a lot of work for Nissan and reckons one of the most common rattles on their trucks is the bonnet latch. Something that might be worth checking if people can't find a rattle.

I doubt this is related to many of the rattle queries in this thread but I was talking to a mechanic mate in Canada who does a lot of work for Nissan and reckons one of the most common rattles on their trucks is the bonnet latch. Something that might be worth checking if people can't find a rattle.

Apparently on d22's the bonnet latche used to come loose, i read this yonks ago in one of my 4wd mags when they were doing comparos.
Iv never had this prob with mine.

bonnet rattle or squeek rather...blob of grease on the catch every couple of weeks seems to keep that 1 at bay.......off roaders are gonna get rattles and squeeks and u'd be mad to think any different. and for those that love to pull their dash apart to find that annoying wee bugger, try thowing in some new clips and locks when u put panels back together, they cost nxt to nothing

Last edited:
Back