D40 front seats

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Martin, and welcome.

I haven't changed mine, except to put sheepskin seat covers on - very plush pile, and extremely comfortable.

Out of curiosity I've looked at other seats, there was mention of this "upgrade" in another thread around here but I am just not uncomfortable enough in my car to warrant a $2K expense.

Besides, after every 2 hours of driving, I'm supposed to get out and walk around anyway, which helps with all that.

But then it's each to their own, personal preference and all. I found the seat covers did the trick for me!

Hi Tony
I know what your saying about the 2k , I was looking one seat only since I do all the driving , sheepskin in my line of work dont mix well , getting them into Aust is no big deal just gota find a seat that dont need much modding

Cheers Marty

I'm not sure if it was this forum or the other one you refer to but somewhere I did come across a thread about the comfort level of the D40's front seat which had me a little worried before I purchased given that I have suffered back problems since I fell off a stage lighting tower when I was 17 but to my suprise I've found the seats quite good.

I haven't bothered covering them yet although I was half looking at a set of covers on ebay but so far I've been pleasantly suprised in the comfort of the seats. The longest I've sat in them for is about 4 hours, driving to Perth next month will be a bit of a test cause I'll be doing 8 or so hours a day but even then there will be breaks so I'm still hopeful I'll like the seats by the time I get back home.

Hey old Tony where did you source your sheepskin ones from are they to suit the nav or generic ones?

We had a pathfinder in the other day at work and it had sheepskin on and they looked like a nissan product and they were really nice.

I need some covers to stop my little angels feet wearing a hole in the back.
Sheepskin do add a level of comfort too just got to keep em dry.

I got them from Supercheap, they were about $269 for the pair. They quoted me $600 to do the rear seat, so I gave that a miss. The covers are a little large - I haven't measured anything yet, but I get the feeling that the Navara seats are a little shorter than standard.

It's also not easy to lock them into place. Instead of the flimsy elastic + hooks you get with cheap seat covers, these have webbing and those plastic clip-locks like you get on bicycle helmet straps. Bit hard to run these around the side of the seats though.

Tomorrow I'm heading to Mortel's Sheepskin Factory and see what I can get from them for the rear - and will look at fronts as well. The ones I've got are real sheeps' wool, but they are not sheepSKIN.

I got a set of lambswool ones in the shed I can't get rid of. I think they are only medium and wont fit on the Nav but I can't use Lambswool any more so they have been sitting in the shed for years, they're the best seat covers I've ever had.

seat upgrade

i had a set of stratos suspension seats fitted before last christmas.
i did not order the suspension part on the seat but that is what showed up and after waiting 3 months i did not want to wait any longer.
i was mainly after something to wrap around me a bit better and keep me in one spot on the slow and rough stuff. a couple of time in june i spent 13 hours driveing in 1 day and i am glad that i spent the money.
after hitting a few woops a bit faster than i would like the suspension seat a well and truly worth the money for touring. i am pretty sure that it cost less than $4000 for 2 seats fitted and approved, i think closer to $3000.
i will be keeping the seats when i upgrade one day.:bike:

D 40 seats

Just returned home from 4 months and 18,500ks travelling around OZ and found the seats to be the most comfortable that I've ever had.
No back problems no leg cramping and bum not sore after 6-8 hours driving, on travelling days.
Cruise control might also help, means your not set in the one position for hours on end?? plus stopping each 2 hours and going for a short walk.

Jeff.

Just returned home from 4 months and 18,500ks travelling around OZ and found the seats to be the most comfortable that I've ever had.
No back problems no leg cramping and bum not sore after 6-8 hours driving, on travelling days.
Cruise control might also help, means your not set in the one position for hours on end?? plus stopping each 2 hours and going for a short walk.

Jeff.

Now that's the sort of report I'm happy to hear. I wasn't planning on changing the seats anyway but it's good to know someone likes the stock seats.

Jeff.

I agree entirely Jeff....just completed a 19000km trip, about 9000km of that off the bitumen and found the OEM seats to be great.....and I do have a lower back problem.

Iv always found my seats uncomfortable with long drives but never on short long trips if that makes sense, i think the rest every 2 hour and take a short walk idea might be the trick.
Thanks for the info.

Iv always found my seats uncomfortable with long drives but never on short long trips if that makes sense, i think the rest every 2 hour and take a short walk idea might be the trick.
Thanks for the info.

Don't you listen to Vic Roads, a break every two hours (mainly during holiday periods when they give us more ads) is a necessity. We all know VR are only there to help us and guide us to happy motoring so it must be right, then again maybe some bureaucratic wanker get a sore arse with all the company jaunts around the state visiting potholes.

I think the 2-hour break is highly valuable. Fatigue can easily set in on a long journey and getting out and doing something different stops you from fading, reduces lethargy, helps with attention and focus and reaction time is improved.

Taking just 5 minutes break every couple of hours is all that's needed. Think of it as insurance ... allowing fatigue to get you, and a microsleep or attention-wander causing an accident is a regret that you don't have to live with.

I think the 2-hour break is highly valuable. Fatigue can easily set in on a long journey and getting out and doing something different stops you from fading, reduces lethargy, helps with attention and focus and reaction time is improved.

Taking just 5 minutes break every couple of hours is all that's needed. Think of it as insurance ... allowing fatigue to get you, and a microsleep or attention-wander causing an accident is a regret that you don't have to live with.

You should own a transport company if you think breaks are so valuable, you'll be one of the few owners who thinks like that.

Delivering bread I was doing 10 hour shifts on a good day sure I got out of the truck regularly but it was out of the truck, unload, shelve the bread, drag the day old stuff from the shelve, re load the truck and back in the seat. Designated breaks just made the day longer, coffee was drunk while driving, smokes smoked while in the truck despite the rules, food only eaten when coffee wasn't being drunk. And by a truckies standard that sort of life is pretty weak, compare it too a long haul truckie and it's nearly a 9-5 job.

Vic Roads and other roads mobs are all the same, the ruler makers sit in their cushy little office making rules that effect people in the real world without venturing out into that world. While some of the rules might be for safety the majority of them are based on one idiot pen pushers point of view if they weren't there would be heaps of debates about how high or low a car must be, whether or not lights can be mounted on roll bars, or just how far we can drive without farting.

Just like every car handles different so does every person no one rule is good for every body and they shouldn't be dictating to us about it. Anyone get the impression I dislike the roads corporation?

But for the record I still like my seats in the D40

Sounds like my old man's day at work, he used to drive a delivery truck for Patties out of Bairnsdale.

Sounds like my old man's day at work, he used to drive a delivery truck for Patties out of Bairnsdale.

Damn they are busy these days since they took over 4and20 and so many other brands. I used to hit the road about 1:30am and head east as far as Stratty and probably every 3rd truck on the road at the time of night was sporting Herbert Adams, 4and20, or Patties decals, but they all came from the same factory in Bairnsdale. Most of their long haul stuff these days seems to be handled by one external company too and since the same transport mob have the IGA contract as well business must be booming.

We might be country but geez some of us are still busy down here

So after comparing pies and roads and trucks and deliveries and long drives i think we came to the conclusion that your d40 seats are comfortable! Agree?

Well I'd eat a pie while driving in my D40. Drinks aren't so good though because of the rough roads in Vic, you don't want to spill your beer.....oops I mean soft drink. Can't drink beer on the road or you will be stopping every 2 hours whether you like it or not, unless you use the empty can, but maybe thats not a good topic to discuss.

Latest posts

Back