Nissan Humour??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KraftyPg

I was having a look through the manual today for no other reason that work was giving me the s&%*s and I wanted something better to do and I came across these images which makes me think maybe Nissan do have a sense of humour after all.

hot_bits.gif

Apparently this indicates to the home mechanic that there are hot bits on a car and you shouldn't touch them. The guy in the middle looks a bit like Little Johnnie so I'm not suprised he's been caught out.

water_test.gif

This one shows how you can test your car too see if there is any water leaks. I'd have never of thought of doing it this way, I'm glad Nissan have shown me the way.

careful.gif

This one is telling you to be careful where you stick your meter leads, one wrong move and the little angry bugger comes along and beats the crap out of your ECM with a stick.

This is only from chapter one, can't imagine what other stuff they can come up with in the remaining 1000 pages

You wouldn't believe it.

I was doing the exact same thing last night, and noticed the little cartoon about removing a hot radiator cap etc etc, and had a bit of a chuckle.

Hoo Roo

Here's another one

fuel_line.gif

Don't you D21 and D22 owners follow this though cause your fuel line might run in a different spot

And if you follow everything the manual says you too can have a happy engine

happy.gif

So before you go looking for problems look for this smile because it's a sure sign your engine is running fine.

And for all those who get a big jealous when someone has different toys to them here's the pic from the Frontier Manual shown they get a mirror that has a temp gauge and a compass. Nothing funny about it but it shows the Yanks get extra toys to us.

mirror.gif

They are becoming less funny and more useful as I go through the manual (which I suppose is what you want from a manual) so I'll stop, besides it's knock off time so I can stop working now.

Lucky its not a VK or VL, they rust around the windscreen and back window.

Looks like a UA Ford Corsair to me.

Dave.

What I find more amusing is that the Nissan manual shows a water test on what looks like a VK or VL Commodore sedan. Maybe they're setting an example?

All their cars that don't relate to specific parts are sedans, I have a feeling the guy who can draw utes had a day off when they made the manual.

How come in the manuels or even the dash lights do the engine pics still have an old school round air cleaner on top of the engine as if there is still a carby there?

The guy who draws the newer engines was playing golf with the guy who draws utes.

I get the feeling from reading some of the other threads that this diagram (STEP 1 in particular) was also put in the manual as a joke.

Incase there are any Nissan techs reading this pay particular attention to STEP 1. The author of the manual thinks it's important enough to go back to STEP 1 after STEP 4 as well so maybe next time you're dealing with a customer try it.

listen.gif

Back