EGT and Boost Gauge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaggy

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Have finished fitting my egt and boost gauges.I am going to make a pillar pod when time allows.The egt thermocouple is fitted before the turbo.To do this the exhaust manifold was remove from the engine,then drilled and tapped 1/8 bspt.It took about 6 hours to fit both guages
EGT guage is Thermoguard and the boost guage is Speco.

Shane

Attachments

• 100_0216.jpg
    100_0216.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 344
Hey mate how do you find the EGT gauge at night? does it dim at all?

Be interesting to see what installing a plate to block the egr does to increase boost pressure + by how much, little or none.

i've got my whole egr system removed and blocked with a egt probe fitted to where the egr pipe came off the manifold. I personally haven't seen any difference in my boost pressure at all, still hits 16psi.

ken360 said:
Be interesting to see what installing a plate to block the egr does to increase boost pressure + by how much, little or none.

I fail to see how in absolutely any circumstance blocking the egr would change the boost pressure. Your waste gate is still going to open at 15-16psi...

baitfish said:
i've got my whole egr system removed and blocked with a egt probe fitted to where the egr pipe came off the manifold. I personally haven't seen any difference in my boost pressure at all, still hits 16psi.

I would be blankng the pipe and refitting it. Any transport goon who knows anything will take one look under the hood and can immediately tell that it's missing. And from what I've heard, that's a pretty damn hefty fine ($13k was the figure I heard last). I wouldn't be risking it, TBH.

Gee mate Speco is pretty accurate gear!! Just be carefull with cheap gauges being inaccurate cause ive been caught out in the past.

Last edited:
I fail to see how in absolutely any circumstance blocking the egr would change the boost pressure. Your waste gate is still going to open at 15-16psi...

I would be blankng the pipe and refitting it. Any transport goon who knows anything will take one look under the hood and can immediately tell that it's missing. And from what I've heard, that's a pretty damn hefty fine ($13k was the figure I heard last). I wouldn't be risking it, TBH.

some variable turbo engines do tend to get boost increase when blocking egr.
but navara zd30 is not variable turbo.
btw wastegate is set to 20psi according to the manual.

the egr pipe is fairly well hidden at the exhaust end. at the valve end i just cut the pipe short and refitted it. that saved me making a packer.

It's a crap wastegate if it's set to 20PSI. Most I've ever seen mine spike at stock was 16PSI, and that's only if I was flogging it in 3rd gear. I saw it hit 20 once I fitted a controller.

yeah i don't know why it set that high. they seam to use exhaust to limit boost to 15psi.

check the inputs, it may have a headlight connection and the digital one may have a dimmer adjustment in it.

Latest posts

Back