Water Leak in driver side A pillar???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sambo82

Reaction score
Hi guys,

With all this rain of late my 2008 D40 has developed a leak with the water dripping from the hood lining at the top of the drivers side A pillar. It only leaks when it sits in the rain not when driving.
I took the plastic strip off and pulled the hood lining back and poured water through the gutter rails and roof rack rails but couldn't make it leak. Thought it might be a leaking windscreen but can't see anything around that area.

Has anyone come across this problem before?

Cheers for any help

Sam

I would suspect the roof racks before anything else and because the water only seems to come in when sitting not driving would indicate that it's running or pooling somewhere as opposed to being forced in.

Can you see any trace of water on the roof lining? It could even be coming from the rear roof rack mount given that in most cases it would be a downward run from the rear mount to the windscreen.

You may need to water the entire roof, start at the front and look for water then gradually move back along the gutters and to the rear mounts checking as you go.

You may also need to run water across the area for a good few minutes to simulate sitting in the rain.

Welcome to the forum.

If you've got the bars like the Titanium that bolt through the roof itself, then I say what Krafty said - I would suspect the roof rails as well.

If you don't, it COULD be something loose around the top of the windscreen. When driving there'll probably be a tiny low-pressure cell sitting above the glass as the wind pushes over the gap, which will keep the water out.

I'd do what Krafty suggests - pop the roof liner out and look for water staining.

Yep went to O'briens and they said they had seen it before on Navara's. Its the locating screws that will be leaking and the window just needs reseating but $240 to do it :(
So going to pull the roof racks and railing off first and make sure its not under there.

Also they said that Nissan had troubles with rust under the windscreen and that I should take it back to them and see if they will fix it. Has anyone heard about that??

Cheers for the help

Yeah do an advanced search for the words rust and windscreen it's come up a number of times before I just can't remember the exact threads.

Latest posts

Back