Sydney Off-road Racing Recovery - 15 & 16 June 2013

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAFO

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well, just getting in early and giving planty of notice

Sydney Off Road Racing Association (SORRA) will be holding a Round on the weekend 15th & 16th June 2013 at the their Colo Heights off road Racing complex on the Putty Road, about 20klm north of Colo Heights.

I will be attending as part of the Recovery/Medical Team for the weekend, and was just wondering if any other Nav owners (3 or 4 vehicles) may be interested in coming along and helping out as a Recovery Team Member for the weekend?

I and other Recovery Team Members usually head up Friday evening and staying both Friday & Saturday Nights.

SORRA usually provides us Volunteers with lunch/Dinner Saturday Night and Breakfast/Lunch Sunday on a race Meet (numbers needed in advance). Toilets & Showers are on site, but Showers are feed by rain and dam water.

Essentials you will need:
* Vehicle Mounted UHFCB & hand held UHF CB is handy too
* Camper or Tent, Sleeping gear etc
* Own Drinking Water, Drinks, Refreshments & Snacks (for while at checkpoints etc)
* Tow strap (but each Off Road Racer should have their own)
* Hi-Vis Safety Vest (if you have one)
* Wet weather Clothing

If you are interested in coming along and helping out as Volunteer Recovery Team Members, please let me know so I can provide details of numbers to organisers and further information if needed.

During 1 day Club meets, we usually have the chance to play around on the various tracks within the Colo Park Complex, that being the previous Nissan Challenge play areas that are still around.

http://sorra.offroadracing.com.au/

GRANT QUINLAN
[email protected]

sounds like it could be fun mate, let me have a chat with a few people and we might be able to get something going. Any vehicle requirements (clearances and such)

Damn I'd be in but really don't know if my shoulder would be upto it sure I'd be Able to drive but not sure if I needed to lift anything heavy :( but if you think I could get away with it let me know. Id still be able to snatch ppl out of stuff.

2 weeks to go if anyone is interested in helping out, if you are . . . PM me for more details

Cheers

Well for the time period I was there, most of it was Nice and quiet.

Due to my Son's Saturday Morning sporting commitments, we didn't get away from home till around 2pm, arrive at SORRA late Saturday afternoon around 4pm.

But SORRA did run a Motorkhana starting Saturday morning around 9am running till mid afternoon, for SORRA Club Members and for up-coming young and prospective Off-road Racers looking at gaining their off-road racing license, we noticed a number (about 6) non-completive cars leaving the site as we arrived.

We got on site around 4:30pm, parked the Camper, set it up for the night, proceeded down to Race Control and signed-on, to find around 14 off-road competitors cars ready to start track Recon, setup their driving Lights for the Night Races before it got dark.

Racing started around once it got dark and consisted of 4x Races of 3 Laps, so night racing was all over and done by about 8pm with no incidents reported.

Then back to Base SORRA for a nice Mixed Rost Dinner, and some Desert all put on by SORRA, followed by a catch up around a camp fire with some old friends for an hour or two before bed.

Sunday racing kicked off around 8am, less one Car Team that pulling out during the night.

The race schedule for Sunday was 2x races of 10 Laps first up. For some 10 laps would test their Car's mechanical endurance, with two cars returning to the pits with tyre failure and the other with fuel issues, and a 3rd car . . . Car '333' withdrawing from the race meet after it's rear suspension support arm fell off . . . about Lap 6 into the 10 lap race.

After Car '333' was recovered from the track, and started it's way back to the pits, another race started of 2x 3 Lap Races followed by Lunch at 12:30pm.

The afternoon presented us with 2 more cars withdrawn from the race meet, so the remaining cars were combined into the one group and would run one more race of 3 Laps. This last race was incident free and was completed by 2:30pm.

This was followed by a track clearance and return to Base SORRA where we handed our flags in, and packed up our camper, and started to head home.

And SORRA was over once again till the next race meet

Back