Nite Stalker 170 flood and beam

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
Just got here and thought I would add what I can.
Bought from Supercheap auto the other week a set of Nite Stalker 170dia broad and spot lights. Must say I am Happy
Looked at all the brands of lights available on the market and weighed up pro's and cons of all of them. Top of the list was to improve the factory lighting. Why else would you be in the market for such things?
I looked at the amount of use they would get. Not a great deal as it is the missus's daily driver to and from work, mostly in urban areas and freeways. Build quality and longevity were important as I expect them to survive a reasonable amount of time. And to this end they are very solid.
Cost was the factor that bundled all of the above into a neat package. That was right on target. Especially since I got them the other week during a 20% off sale.
As far as they're output and performance was concerned that was a complete mystery until I could actually use them after the sun went down. Impressive. As far as ticking the box of improving the factory lighting was concerned. I have wired them into the high beam circuit also with an on off switch and so total cost including a relay was only $148.
The kit which normally retails for $152 from supercheap comes with the lights with covers (obviously) enough wire and terminals to install, an inline fuse and a dash switch that looks factory.
Good value in my opinion and for those that may only use them occasionally more than justifiable than a set of IPF or Lightforce.

I'd take a photo to round out the product review but the missus is still at work

Good to hear that you're happy with them.

We took a D22 around at night before we got our D40 and I asked the salesman "are my headlights going to be as bad as these?" - he replied "a little better but not much", so I added the IPFs to the bag.

The problem is, when I'm using low beam, I still don't have enough light. It's like the hamster in the back of the headlight is too fat and I need a Richard Simmons video to spur him on.

So, a visit to ARB came and the salesman advised that I install "Fat Boy" Xenon globes to replace the factory globes. Output goes up tremendously, he said. $160, thanks for calling.

There are other "xenon" globes out there, most of them are blue glass around halogen gas (with maybe a little xenon). Output isn't anywhere near as high as the Fat Boys, which are Xenon with clear glass.

I declined to purchase them at the time, thinking I'd get by on my factory-at-low and IPF-boosted-at-high. One trip into the forest late at night changed my mind - I'm getting the Fat Boys and installing those as well, because when I'm doing tight corners on the side of a mountain with a 400 metre drop on the left, I want to be really certain where that drop starts, and not just have some blurry darkish area that might just be a shadow that my headlights aren't lighting properly.

HID inserts are another option, but I'm only looking for "a little more", I don't feel like bring the entire solar surface down in front of me.

I chose a flood-spot combination as well, flood's on the left, spot's on the right. Not the way everyone wants to do it, but it suits my wants for now. All that's left for me is to improve the low beam brightness and I'll be a happy little duck.

We used to have 2 sets of these mounted on a home made bullbar on the F100 custom and for the price of them compared to Narva's and Hella's at the time they were a good set of lights. One can always go silly and spend heaps on lights but at the end of the day if they give you enough light for what you need then it's a good purchase.

Would you consider $460 expensive for a pair of xgt lightforce?

Yes and no.
I know that they are a quality product and to get a good price on a high priced item is always satisfying ...but....$460 is still alot of money that can be directed elsewhere in my case. Its about weighing up needs and wants and in this case it was about improving the factory lighting with a product that meets our needs. It's like fitting an adjustable carbon fibre rear wing to a Hyundai Getz. Great product and would no doubt do everything it was designed to do but unless there is a need for that expense and overkill then it is wasted. As would a set of lightforce for our vehicle. They just aren't going to get the use.
Just thought I would put this up for anyone else that wanders about looking at bits and pieces and wonders about the end result. Personally I'm happy with them and would rate them 6/10. Only because I know that there are better performing lights out there but definitely a positive result in improving the factory lighting and that was the objective.

Going by your review I reckon they deserve a better rating. You're not comparing them to lightforce or anything else so therefore lightforce doesn't have to be the 10. I liked these lights when we used to use them and at the time probably would have given them an 8 or 9, especially given the price

Fair enough answers, i wouldnt go anything else but lightforce again, thats because iv got them now but mainly because they blew my mind at how good they were for their price compared to other so called hi beams that are just like car headlights in comparison.
My friend wanted to fit ipf to his ute, good hi beam light, no argument from me, but when we went for a night run and he sat in my car after being in a car that had the ipf's his reaction was 'what the f*ck these lights shit all over the ipf's' But thats just one guys reaction, i suppose if you dont use em as much fair enough but if you find yourself regurlarly using hi beams then i wouldnt be going for the cheaper items.

Hey Guys,
Just spent a bit of time looking around on the Net for these FATBOY bulbs and even if you type in IPF in only really come,s up with ARB,s site as a place to buy them and heaps of site,s that talk about them,, but i did find a few American site,s that sell the bulb,s and they have differant type,s of FATBOY,s to choose from and also prices which where in American,, ranging from $US60 to about $US90 odd for a pair,,..,.. Some of the site,s where,, Northridge 4x4,, (jeep mob) 4x4groupbuy.com (accessories) and Shopwiki.com even had them,, so if this helps anyone, good luck and good buying

Currently have a set of NiteStalker 170s fitted. I had changed both the headlights and spotties to Arctic Blue bulbs thanks to a sale at Repco. Very happy with the difference in the headlight clarity but went back to original 100W globes in the spotties due to much superior performance to the 55W Blues. Definately not going to scorch the retinas out of posssums from a km away like some of the HiDs but they definately let you know you're alive from a reasonable distance away from a reflective sign...

Latest posts

Back