Can a stock d40 tackle power lines ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feralnavara

Reaction score
G'day everyone,

Just wondering how many stock d40 owners have been up to mundaring, all I have done is changed my tyres to all terrainers. How does the d40 go for clearance on this trail, reason I ask is I smashed and squished my oil sump last time I was on a mud trail.

Was thinking of going up next Sunday with a patrol from work. Thanks :)

You could take your D40 up their and try everything, but you just won't make without excessive speed or damage IMO. But hey, the fun in 4wding is the challenge. There are chicken tracks all the way along, so if you can't make it past an obstacle you can go around. Have you been there before?

Here's a vid of some of the stuff at the power lines if you haven't been. I imagine you would have been though?

http://youtu.be/BqHuFaZEkrk

My mum and her partner came up in her D40, they turned around about 3/4 of the way through and had used chicken tracks all the way.

I took my d22 there years ago , a couple of weeks after buying it, went ok, no lift and H/T tyres, had to use some chicken routes, but even on normal road tyres and no lift it still did 90% of what my mates patrol did.

Yeh, that was last year. The tracks at the powerlines are getting a lot more rutted out. Each time I go back it gets that bit more difficult. Some parts are pretty crazy now. Go check it out now

Yeh, that was last year. The tracks at the powerlines are getting a lot more rutted out. Each time I go back it gets that bit more difficult. Some parts are pretty crazy now. Go check it out now

I was there around 4 weeks ago, , been there plenty of times, I was just telling the original poster that I did most things on stock suspension/tyres etc when I first got my nav.

I was there around 4 weeks ago, , been there plenty of times, I was just telling the original poster that I did most things on stock suspension/tyres etc when I first got my nav.

I understand. But that was also a year ago you said? And you would have to agree that the track conditions are worsening all the time? I was just trying to avoid giving him false hope of being able to do as much as you managed. Remembering he is in a D40, not a D22.

I've been heading there since I moved here in 2010. 2010 was pretty tame compared to some sections now.

I dont know the actual figures, but something like better tyres will make a lot of difference. My mate had a D22 with a 2" lift and Kuhmo all terrains. I have a D40 with no lift, but its running Muddies a size larger than standard, and i was going up steep rutted hills a lot easier than his was. I doubt the minimal difference in ride height over 2 stock vehicles would amount to much. All depends on the driver...

Thanks for all the replies, I have been up there before but in a lifted D22 that i sank up there LOL, i never had problems with clearance in that but since my D40 is so much lower I wondered if I was mad attempting it. Cheers again.

Latest posts

Back