Xmas lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitch76

Reaction score
Ok which of us mugs is gunna spend hours on the roof of their house instaling a light display for chrissy, I will put my hand up as being one. I started this arvo by pruning my topiary bushes at the front door into a xmas tree shape, added lights, beeds, balls and a couple of other xmasy stuff and set up the candy cane lights. Next on the agenda is a heep of rope lights, icicle lights and coloured fairy lights and what ever else I can find in the shed

Mick

Good on ya mate, I never had any real christmas spirit until my kids started getting into it, now I really enjoy it. I got a few new lights yesterday from bunnings. I do a pretty simple job, but the kids still love it.

See if you can get pics once its all done (if they will come out).

I used to do the "light up the house" trick but gave it away when half the other houses in the street wanted to play one-upmanship and put more lights up.

Fine by me, I took them down and don't have the phenomenal electricity bills you get for putting 10,000 lights up around your front yard.

I'm too worried about falling off the roof.

I like walking around and seeing what others have done though. Matt and myself are (un)lucky enough to live right next door to Brisbane's biggest suburban Christmas lights displays (Bracken Ridge). Some people spend heaps of time & money on it. It's a nightmare driving around here at nights when the displays start. Council put up temporary road signs and we get buses down our streets delivering people!

Yeah we walk around there every year and have a look, One of the owners told Kyrle's mum that a lot of the houses there arent doing it this year, so we will see how big it is. I'm sure it will still be fantastic. I'm glad I live far enough away that I don't have to pull my weight in the light show haha.

Ok which of us mugs is gunna spend hours on the roof of their house instaling a light display for chrissy, I will put my hand up as being one. I started this arvo by pruning my topiary bushes at the front door into a xmas tree shape, added lights, beeds, balls and a couple of other xmasy stuff and set up the candy cane lights. Next on the agenda is a heep of rope lights, icicle lights and coloured fairy lights and what ever else I can find in the shed

Mick

I'm not sure who the bigger mug is, you for doing your own in me for being roped in to helping out my brother. Thankfully I don't do any of the prep work, he spends months getting things ready and organised, he's converted all his to use 24V trannies this year and running 100% LED to cut down the power usages. Last count he had something like 23,000 LED's on the front of the house, I do believe there is such a thing as overkill but thankfully he hasn't gone down the path of the sequencer yet.

He's got about 15 blow things around the garden and on the roof. It's all good for the kids, I'm probably not as festive as I could be but I have to admit the final product does look good. One area of our town has nearly every house putting up some sort of display but unlike what Jason says happens in his area there aren't any buses, buses can't turn in the streets when there is no traffic let alone during December.

I admit to being a christmas lighter, but as robbie and kylie sang, i'm only "doing it for the kids" they get a buzz out of it and thats what i like, my brother and i have a friendly rivalry when it comes to the lights, i aint no clark griswald but i try :)
This is laST NIGHT AND IS 3/4 DONE, A FEW MORE TO GO....
DSC_0035-1.jpg

Yep, Me too, looks like i'm getting sucked into doing the light thing this year, once again it's for my young bloke, apparently my 18month old has demanded that we light our house up, that is of course the story my wife told me.
So i have no argument, there will be lights...... :santaclaus:

Yep, Me too, looks like i'm getting sucked into doing the light thing this year, once again it's for my young bloke, apparently my 18month old has demanded that we light our house up, that is of course the story my wife told me.

Just do as you are told mate and everyone is happy lol.

Thankfully my 18 month old hasn't made such requests yet and my wife reckons our neighbours don't deserve a pretty light show for free, we also have too many vandals around here that see something out so they wreck it.

My brother always said he put the effort in for the kids but I think him and his neighbours all treat it like a competition now and see who the town votes as the best. I'll do my festive bit and help him do what he likes but the flashing string of white with a 8 sequence pattern generator on my patio is about as far as I can stretch at home.

Ha ha works both ways, tell your misses that your little fella said you need to spend money on the nav!

I live near the airport and have thought of really one upping the neighbourhood by installing landing lights all the way down the street.
Love to see the look on faces when passenger dis-embark from an A380 in our street.

Ha ha works both ways, tell your misses that your little fella said you need to spend money on the nav!

I agree only my situation is the opposite, my 18 month old doesn't tell me her mother needs lights and if I tell her to tell her mother I need car parts it falls on deaf ears.

That youtube video is crazy.

If I had kids I would go to the effort I would think.

Fatman, house looks good with all the lights.

Post up a pic when your finished.

Dave.

I read there is about 6 months worth of work in programing to set up the computer to do such a show. Plus I recon 3-4 weekends to set up the lights. One day when the $$ flow a bit better. If it would stop showering each arvo I might be able to get back up on the roof!!

Latest posts

Back