Wandered around Wombat today

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
Missus and I had a grouse day just tooling around the forest exploring tracks and seeing how diverse that forest is. Lots of variety in terms of offroading and lots to see and discover. Given that we were on our own there wasn't anything to extreme on our agenda but we did have a shot at a few smaller bog holes and some of the less rutted tracks. Besides the vehicle only has 6000kms on it so far and I like the panels the way they are for now.
Little bit of a creek crossing
Wombat281109037Standarde-mailview.jpg

The forest ranges from dry and scrubby to lush and green. Lots of wildlife to be seen. Bugger all people. In over 6 hours on the tracks we only came across 3 trailbike riders and nobody else.
Wombat281109031Standarde-mailview.jpg

Someone told me I should use a stick to check the depth of the bog holes before proceeding. Very effective particularly when thrown across to the other side :top:
Wombat281109013Standarde-mailview.jpg

Good pics,after reading this thread i googled for a map but couldn't find one without paying.
But it sounds like there is some good tracks there.

Use this fella to get an idea of whats going on and get an idea of where your going but still grab a map or print off this before you go. You cant really get too lost in Wombat. Forest Explorer Online
HTH
Aido

Here's a few more pics
Wombat281109024Standarde-mailview.jpg

Wombat281109030Standarde-mailview.jpg

Wombat281109018Standarde-mailview.jpg

I loved the little orchids - they were only in place that I could see and so I am quite happy just to have been there to see them. I know it doesn't have 4 inches of lift or one off fabricated barwork but this is the reason we want to go bush - to see and experience new things.

Happy days
Aido

great photos mate, i used to do a bit of camping/riding in the wombat state forest in the spring hill area. what area were you in?

Everytime i go wombat i can never find any decent 4wd tracks and im always told its awesome 4wding, but wombat is a big forest and im yet to explore all of it. Good thing its less than an hour from home.

Everytime i go wombat i can never find any decent 4wd tracks and im always told its awesome 4wding, but wombat is a big forest and im yet to explore all of it. Good thing its less than an hour from home.

I have seen and heard this comment by others and I cant believe it. Picture of the dogs in the hole - this one was only 2 foot deep but they are everywhere and alot of them are deeper. I have found 2 serious hill climbs. The picture of the Nav crossing the Lerderderg - not 30 meters further up that track was a hole that was at least 20m long and well over 1m deep. Definitely worth exploring up every little track. Most of them are just short link tracks or go nowhere at all.

Latest posts

Back