Endless Air systems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
I am considering an Endless air system as they represent excellent value for performance.
Has anybody else fitted one to a D22? Is it possible?
I am going to contact them tomorrow and see what they say but I would welcome any info that anyone has regarding these systems.
Dont know what I'm on about? Have a look here Welcome Page - www.EndlessAir.com.au

Cheers
Aido

i know its been discussed on the patrol site a lot. i think they are expensive for what you can do yourself reasonable cheaply. after all its just a modded air con pump. plenty of instructions around on the net for it.

with the D22 i think room and the flat belt + tensioner arrangement makes it a headache to fit. unless of course you remove the factory air con pump.
edit: i see they list one for the navara, pity no pic on how they get it to fit.

Last edited:
Have given google a nudge and come across other forum entries where someone has had a crack at DIY and in the end they dont come out much cheaper and still spend a lot of time and effort to get to the same point.

A bit of overkill unless you want to run air tools?

Not really. A decent 12v compressor will not give much change from $300 and will take a while to operate. This is one item that would definitely make life easy.
Or am I missing something? They seem like the best thing since sliced bread yet 12v compressors are everywhere. Are there cons aside from getting them to fit?

Not really. A decent 12v compressor will not give much change from $300 and will take a while to operate. This is one item that would definitely make life easy.
Or am I missing something? They seem like the best thing since sliced bread yet 12v compressors are everywhere. Are there cons aside from getting them to fit?

What's wrong with a 12v compressor? so much simpler.

I'll take a stab. It has to be bolted onto your engine - so the first issue will be "will it fit". Brackets will have to be engineered, then the fan belt will become non-standard.

If you were thinking of using that space for a second battery, you'll have to join us D40 drivers and whack that in the tub.

My 35 LPM compressor cost me about $80 or so. It'll do. I don't imagine I'll be needing it every day, and doubt that I'll need to inflate my tyres in any great hurry - but then I'm a sometimes-patient old sod too.

If you were thinking of using that space for a second battery, you'll have to join us D40 drivers and whack that in the tub.

Current D22 comes with a second battery fitted from the factory - that leads me to another post and more questions. I'll get through this one first though.

the main thing with engine driven air compressors is they are fast.
there are better ones than aircon ones. there are ones similar to what trucks use.
also no electric motors to overheat and they do high pressure very reliably. electric ones don't like doing high pressure especially cheap ones.

if your have BIG tires a small electric compressor will take to long. it will probably overheat and cut out before you pump the first tire up !
as lower tire pressure is 101 4x4ing you want a reasonable compressor.

however electric ones are not often used with tanks which keeps the cost down.

What tweak'e said.
Perhaps I'm over analysing it but I dont want to spend money on an item that is going to take up cargo space, work sporadically, fail completely or just be a PITA to have to drag out and set up to use. Overall I'm not sold on 12v compressors. They are slow, prone to overheating, often put together without QC and just seem a bit hit and miss. The Endless Air system seems like a common sense solution to a common problem.
Now I dont run 44" comp tyres or anything but I would like to have a system that complements our style of driving and allows an easy and common sense approach to tyre pressures and thats why I am looking at this system.

well they certainly work well. you just have to fit the tank somewhere, bigger the better.
only thing i havn't seen done is to fit a cooler. would be easy to route the pipe up the front to a small cooler. thats just to cut down the temp in the lines. the high temp can stuff up the flexi lines. use hard line where ever possible (eg under the vechile).

one neat thing with fixed compressor installs is to fit a front and rear outlet ie one on the front and rear bars. makes it easy to pump up other vehicles and also reach trailer tires.

well they certainly work well. you just have to fit the tank somewhere, bigger the better.
only thing i havn't seen done is to fit a cooler. would be easy to route the pipe up the front to a small cooler. thats just to cut down the temp in the lines. the high temp can stuff up the flexi lines. use hard line where ever possible (eg under the vechile).

one neat thing with fixed compressor installs is to fit a front and rear outlet ie one on the front and rear bars. makes it easy to pump up other vehicles and also reach trailer tires.

Would a cooler be effective given that when in use the vehicle is stationary? I suppose any sort of heat sink will be beneficial but to what amount?
Instead of front and rear I was looking at left and right - bring the disconnects out in front of the rear wheel arch

How much heat would a coil of stainless flex pipe straight off the compressor shed do you reckon?

I've seen a few examples of bullbars and sidesteps being used as tanks. The great thing is you don't have to have one big tank as five smaller linked 'tanks' around the car will serve the same purpose.

How much heat would a coil of stainless flex pipe straight off the compressor shed do you reckon?

I've seen a few examples of bullbars and sidesteps being used as tanks. The great thing is you don't have to have one big tank as five smaller linked 'tanks' around the car will serve the same purpose.

I like your thinking and since side bars are the next question I have.......but lets get through this one.
I have approximately 100m of 3/8 stainless in the back shed and I hadnt even considered it...until now.
Cheers
Aido

Would a cooler be effective given that when in use the vehicle is stationary? I suppose any sort of heat sink will be beneficial but to what amount?
Instead of front and rear I was looking at left and right - bring the disconnects out in front of the rear wheel arch
engine fan is still going so there is some air flow.

on the side makes it a distance from the front tires and a very long way if you nose up to another vechile to pumps its tires up.

heaps !
i was talking to an engineer who outfits commercial vehicles. they had the compressor for running air tools. normally he would run hardline but due to needing to go through cab they had to use a flexy. normal high temp air hose just melted. he used hydraulic hose which has been fine.

i modded my compressor and fitted a short bit of copper pipe just to cut down the heat as it was just about melting the hose.

Out of curiosity, what would the volume of the sports bar be?

What is it, 100mm tube? The D40 bar as far as I'm aware is not a single bar but rather the diagonals are separate and bolted through a plastic joiner? So, forgetting that there might be a pair of bolt holes in it, the main hoop alone:
(pi*.05^2)*(.6+1.2+.6)=0.0188m^3=18.8 litres... Not bad.

That'd be a rather unique air tank!
Na, guys have been using there bar work as tanks for years.

I have no idea why you would need to do this, you can buy proper aluminium tanks of ebay for next to nothing plus all of the other hardware, check valves etc.

Latest posts

Back