Rant at the lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBOD

Reaction score
Just a quick note to ask if you are the owner of a silver D22 who was waiting at the lights in Bennets Green (near Charlestown) around lunchtime today who felt the need to lean on their horn and vent a vulgar and abusive tirade at the car in front because they didn't realise it was a "turn left at any time with caution" lane and instead sat waiting for the green signal for a minute or so.

Did that make you feel like a real man?

I wasn't the car you had the tirade at out of your truck window; that was driven by a little old lady who looked utterly confused by your out of proportion tirade and become flustered and eventually realised her harmless mistake and pulled away.

No I was the car sat next to you in the next lane with my wife and 2 year old son who learnt a number of new words I would rather he hadn't leant just yet. He also learnt how rude and stupid people can look when they don't have any patience, respect or manners. He looked on with bemusement and said "Dadda, that man is very silly and shouts too much". Couldn't have put it better myself.

So if it made you feel like a man that wasn't the image you portrayed, you just made yourself look like an antisocial ill tempered prick. A polite toot on the horn would have alerted her to her mistake and avoided the whole scene. Or perhaps learning how to be gentleman instead of just a man and show some patience.

:wristy:

I've never understood these people, are they Bill Gates and losing a minute of their time means millions of dollars down the drain? I can imagine them speeding home grabbing a beer and watching the Simpsons. It's the same on the highway i'll sit in a lane for the entire 1hr drive to Brisbane. Meanwhile there will always be that one car that insists on swapping in and out of lanes in some vane effort to get to work faster, at best they end up 50m in front of me which equates to about 0.5seconds faster to work and for what? Added stress and increasing your risk of an accident they need to relax and enjoy some music.

Yesterday on my way into town, about 10k out, a patrol decided to over take me and the car 50m ahead in one go, stupidly kept the boot into it forcing a little barina coming the other way completely off the road. I reckon he beat me to town by 30 secs.

Latest posts

Back