ARB Side steps and side intrusion bars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
Who has them? Have you called upon them to do their job? how would you rate them?

Yesterday while we were playing in the forest we were coming up a particularly tight track with just enough room through the trees to pass. Ange was having her first serious go at 4wd'ing and doing very well too I might add. Of course I was in the passenger seat. As we were crawling through a particularly tight section with a right hand bend off camber and slippery mud to boot the vehicle got to within 2 inches of my side of the car. Out of instinct / stupidity I put my hand against it and started to say "Watch this tree" before I let go an enormous expletive that shattered the forest serenity. I had got my forearm jammed lengthways between wrist and elbow between the tree and the B pillar. Fortunately we were only crawling in 1st L because in that split second I twisted and got my arm out. I honestly thought I had broken it at the time and felt sick to the stomache with the pain and a bit of shock. Today however I have a sprained wrist and I have definitely done nerve damage as my lower tricep and elbow is numb to touch where it got crushed against the B pillar. Beginners mistake and remember kids "keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times and don't stand up until the ride has stopped!"

So aside from all that I want side protection because even though we are really only taking it easy on the tracks there is still the potential for damage and as I have said elsewhere I like the look of the panels as they are for now

Jeez could have been a lot worse mate. I'm sure we don't need to tell you never to do that again lol.

I built my own set of side steps/sliders. I have hit them a few times now and they haven't budged.

I got em and love em, use it hard too, deep ruts, sliding into muddy ruts, tight u turns sliding along trees, thats what there there for.
Worth every cent in my opinion, but then again i dont care if the paint rubs off on mine.

Latest posts

Back