Muddies for cape trip??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NathanJG

Reaction score
I just bought muddies the other day for the cape trip but I am now having second thoughts as to whether I have done the right thing, I am worried the muddies might dig into the sandy creek crossings too much (thinking of Nolans) and I would have been better off with some Mickey 4 ribs. Any thought/opinions?
:feedback::feedback:

I did cape with federal couragias mt attached. If I was go do it all over again I would opt for some toyo county mt or bfg at. Don't be to afraid of nolans. Have 2-3 snatch straps linked and attached to you rig and a recovery rig. That way you just get pulled through incase you start to sink.

Little tip is to hug the right bank taking the right hand entrance and don't just boot it. Let the lsd do its job

I have done a fair bit of beach driving in all my years wheeling and to be honest my personal opinion is muddies all the way I have never had issues with them in soft sand and the traction you get every where else is un matched.

Deanfoldi.

Ive done my share of sand driving on MT's and have never really had a problem, just let them down a bit further. I'm taking my maxxis big horns to the cape this year.

Again its all about tyre pressure. Ive always had MT fitted to all of my 4x4's and they have drove me into some sh!t but get me out of a hell of alot more.

would have liked muddies for this trip but the bfg at,s should be ok
another tyre question
how many spares are you all taking?
i plan on taking 2 for ute and 2 for trailer
is that too many as they are all 6 stud and should be interchangable?

would have liked muddies for this trip but the bfg at,s should be ok
another tyre question
how many spares are you all taking?
i plan on taking 2 for ute and 2 for trailer
is that too many as they are all 6 stud and should be interchangable?

Make sure they're the same size and tread pattern and you'll be right. I'm taking two Spares, one on a rim, and the other is just a spare carcass

Im only taking 1 spare. Going up with a group at least 5people will be running the same size tire as me. If we all have two tire failures there is somethone very wrong going on

Latest posts

Back