clutch pedal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thirstychippy

Reaction score
just got a d40 2.5td dual cab lve done 1200km in three weeks around town, all my last cars have been auto,s so lm a bit out of touch with my six speed ,is it me or does it seem strange that the clutch pedal engages 10-15 mm from fully out................cheers corey

Last edited:
That doesn't sound right to me, I'd be taking it back to the dealer for an adjustment.

Just a reminder for those that didn't spot this elsewhere: the D40's are a little laggy as they're building revs but once the ol' turbo spools up it kicks like a mule. If you're still riding your clutch when that happens, you'll be looking at a new clutch sooner than you may have hoped.

These don't drive like the D22 manuals - the D22 is a much more familiar feel, with smooth power delivery up the rpm range.

I don't mind. They don't have an auto-dimming rear view mirror or pollen filters. You know, the real stuff that we've never been able to live without.

I took my D40 back 3 times to Nissan with the same complaint. Each and every time i was told (by different dealers) 'Its a Dual mass Flywheel - you can't adjust it -its OK".
At 145,000 km it gave up altogether so i replaced it with a conventional clutch. ($2200) - NOT throu Nissan!

Latest posts

Back