replaced windscreen

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweak'e

Staff member
Reaction score
finally got the cracked windscreen replaced today.
only problem is that the screen must be a little oversized as the panel above the wiper arms/vents won't clip down. it clips on the front side but not the back where it reast on the screen.
so enter the tube of sealant ;) glue the bugger down :)

anyone else had a problem with replacement windscreens ?

doesn't look misaligned. it just sits on the frame with sealant. i think the glass may be a bit thicker.

I just checked my windscreen, it's got a 4mm gap from the edge of the glass to the lip that sits at right-angles to the plane of the windscreen. How's yours?

i have no idea what you mean. 4mm gap from glass to pillar ?
and of course i'm D22 not D40

I forgot to look at the sig or the forum it's in, my apologies. I meant from glass to roof, where the metal of the roof is bend inwards to allow the glass to sit recessed ... who knows, the D22 might do it the same way, but let's wait for some more D22 guys to show up and I'll just sit over here quietly for a bit.

D22 has a rubber seal along the top and sticks up slightly above the steel. bottom of the glass sits on 2 plastic tabs under the plenum cover which stops it being to low.

Do they put sealant between the window frame and the glass? Could the thickness of the sealant play a part in it being to close?

I had my windscreen changed last year after driving for about 3 years with a cracked windscreen all the way across the screen, the new screen fits exactly like the factory one did and the bonus is i got the little blue tint strip at the top of the screen.

The windscreen in my D22 is a R50 Pathfinder windscreen. So the windscreen told me 2 years ago, my windscreen was cracked 3 weeks after I bought the ute new.

Dave.

Yeah i had mine changed through insurance too, i get one free windscreen a year at no extra cost, unlike other insurance companies that iv been told of the screen can have a chip and it will get changed it does not have to be cracked.

My insurance mob is happy to replace as many windscreens as I break but they charge me an excess of $300 after the first one which makes it not worth claiming.

Also since they laxed Vic rules a bit so a windscreen can be cracked anywhere as long as it doesn't enter the drivers field of vision any cracks I've had don't get replaced until they need to.

windscreens are usually replaced free with most insurance.
these days they will even pay to get chips fixed. cheaper for the insurance company to fix a chip than have it turn into a crack and have to replace the whole screen.

single best reason for having insurance :)

I'm with NRMA and I pay an extra $30 per year for unlimited glass replacement on the vehicle.

Back