OH&S courses any use????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4.8GU

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone could offer their oppinion on wether or not it is worth doing a cert 4 in OH&S. The government are offerering assistance with certain courses at the moment and work hit me up to see if I would like to do it.

I know it wouldn't hurt to have but apart from a pretty piece of paper what could it offer me as employment opportunity for example.

A bit out there as far as a topic goes I know but I thought there may be some on here with experience with this kind of stuff.

Cheers anyway

Brian

My Sis in law did cert 4 and a few other OH&S courses I can't remember over in WA and 2 months after completed got a job in OH&S at one of the mines in the Pilbra. Less than 24 months after getting the job she''s now with a different mine company and a different department earning well over 80K and is the manager of the department. She thinks a cert 4 was worth it.

With OH&S becoming such a huge issue in the coming years I reckon it's probably a good area to be in but you'd want to be thick skinned in some aspects of the job

Definately worth it mate, I have done it.

You can't make a career from it by doing that course but it becomes a great addition to your resume.

OH&S is more often being called HS&E in larger corporations now. Health, Safety & the Environment.

Take it far enough and you can be the guy who goes around and checks workplaces for OH&S standards. Get some payback on old bosses, although don't suggest that in the interview.

Yeah I can do audits, haven't for a quite a while though. I was level 2 accredited in NSW, haven't looked into transferring it to QLD, if it needs to be.

Definately worth it mate, I have done it.

You can't make a career from it by doing that course but it becomes a great addition to your resume.

OH&S is more often being called HS&E in larger corporations now. Health, Safety & the Environment.

I agree a must do!

well thanks verry much for the replies.

If I am able I will definitely do it then. I suspected that it is just a starting point for further study/qualifications but you got to start somewhere I guess.

I have been on a few job sites in the past when oh&s was just coming in to force and some of the safety guys where lucky not to get bashed!!! ha ha

I think sometimes the personality of the bloke doing it can make a big difference though.

Thanks again for the replies.

Regards
Brian

Latest posts

Back