Centre tailshaft loop bearing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOLID D22

Reaction score
So the car is vibrating like crazy when you take off a little hard in first gear, i know the prob its the centre tailshaft bearing, prob is i changed it less than 20,000k ago, i know with a raised car these things wear out quicker than normal and i was expecting once a year to change my unis and centre bearing on the tailshaft but this is just ridiculous. Has anyone else had this prob or at least head me in a direction of someone who makes stronger aftermarket ones.
My end solution looks like it might be a one piece tailshaft or possibly a sleeve made so it acts like the front drive shaft.

Lower the center of the tailshaft, get longer bolts and a few spacers.

Dave.

Or leave the front half of the tailshaft in place, and have a double cardan tailshaft made for the rear section. Basically it's just a doubel set of uni joints which allows the shaft to operate with less vibration in your situation. Some years ago I owned a Jeep Wrangler, and replacing the tailshaft was a common fix for driveline vibration issues in the wranglers (short tailshafts a big lift don't make for happy bedfellows.

Another thing to consider - the pinion angle on the front of your diff - you may end up requiring a "double" double cardan shaft (one with the double cardan at the front, and one at the back of the shaft). I imagine the pinion angle will be quite "flat" considering the amount of lift you are running.

Cheers guys, tomorrow im going past on track, where the kit was installed and there gona have a quick look at it to see what can be done, also car is going in to my regular mechanic on monday for its routine service and a oil catch can being fitted, he is also gona sus out the situation on what can be done.

Ok went past on track after work today and figured out that were gona do some cutting and welding of the tailshaft loop. Basically were gona cut and lower the loop so it sits the tailshaft a little less of an angle and there gona weld it on a slight angle in favour of the tailshaft, another option is to make the rear shaft into a split one, not sure what its called but it acts like the front shaft and can extend and retract back into itself, like what gu patrols have standard, might be the cheaper option too.

Since this is the only discussion on this item I dragged it up as it has some relevant information.

Crawling round under the car just now I found that my centre bearing is absolutely flogged.....I love this car! Back for another warranty claim at 42 000kms.
As per the above issue with the raised suspension I certainly dont have that issue as the crap leaves currently in place are inverted and the vehicle basicly sits at standard height , if not lower. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

Latest posts

Back