z24 turbo possibilities?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a Z18ET released by Nissan, I cant remember what it came in though.

You would need a bigger turbo though for the Z24. Manifolds should work no worries.

Dave.

The ZD30DDTI turbo on the Patrols is a variable vane turbo, Id be looking at a T28 of a Jap spec S15 200SX.

You could get a exhaust manifold made easy enough, id be going EFI over carby though.

Dave.

lovin the setup timtams, let us know how it holds together! 187 rwkw on a 4by lol how much boost r u running?

Hmmmm, turbocharging a Z24.......that would be interesting, particularly when you take it to the rego authorities in your state.
Legally, you can turbo a non turbo diesel in any state but when it comes to a petrol engine, boy do you have to jump through some hoops.
Usually their first requirement is "run it on gas only" then all the engineering crap starts, with brakes, suspension and chassis strangth checks and mods.
It can get quite expensive lemme tell ya.

MaX
(Who's last car was a street registered twin turbocharged 308 powered LX Torana hatchback.)

Max, got any pics of the Torry.

Dave.

Nope, none in an electronic form at least.
One of these day's I must organise a scanner so I can get our family snaps into a format that is something a little more modern. :)

The old Torana (aka 'The Animal') was a bit of a beast, the twin turbo version was it's last incantation, previous to that it was a 500+BHP (including the 150HP under manifold fogger nitrous setup) 5Lt animal with a top loader and a 9" diff and previous to that it was a factory 1976 (Feb build date so no ADR27A pollution gear) LX Hatchback with a factory 4.2litre and an M20 4 speed.

I never took the turbo version down the quarter mile but the N/A version did several trips in the Super Street class at Calder Park with consistent mid to high 9's the result.
The powers that be in ANDRA then said I too fit a chute as it was running consistent nines so I told em to piss off as I wanted to keep it as a 'sleeper' so that was the last time it saw a strip in my hands.

The 308 was built by Sam and Izzy at COME specifically for nitrous use.
The car had no spoilers, no flared guards, no stickers, just a 5 litre badge in place of the original 4.2litre badge on the tailgate, a set of 14x7 centerlines, mini-tubs and a dual 2.5" exhaust with Lukey Mufflers.
A real sleeper.
And my most loved car ever.

My wife hated it! :(

(Seriously, she did hate it, unfortunately I made the wrong choice and got rid of the car, not the wife.) :D

Last edited:
Lol, running 9's. Shit thats quick.

Ever got in touch with the new owner to see how it is these days ?

Dave.

Lol, running 9's. Shit thats quick.

Ever got in touch with the new owner to see how it is these days ?

Dave.

The car was sold as a rolling shell to a guy on the Atherton Tablelands in QLD, he came back 2 weeks later and bought the engine + nitrous.
I believe that the shell was fitted with a 202 (3.3Lt) six and given to his son, the 308 + nitrous went into his HQ Statesman.
I still see the Statesman getting around a bit nowadays and it's one tough street car though not as quick as the Torana was obviously.
I haven't seen the Torana for some time now so I don't know how or even if its going.

Cheers for the info.

There was a Torana getting around here with a RB30ET in it, last I heard they were going to put a RB25DET head on it.

I was talking to this Ford fanatic a while back, he was planning on putting a 2JZGTE into a XF Falcon. His reasoning, because VL's ran a Nissan motor.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back