Rushing Air Noise in Cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burgo

Reaction score
Has anyone found the source of the Rushing air noise in the rear of the D40 cab. I have noticed others complaining about the problem but no solutions as yet??
Rd's

Can't say I've noticed it myself but there is vents and grommets on the back wall of the hut. When I had my Nav over the pits the day after I brought it I found 3 rubber grommets under the hut were pushed into their holes and therefore not sealing. Might be worth checking the grommets for starters.

Thanks Gents
Noise sounds to be coming from the rear RH door

I had a similar noise, from my brand new titanium D40. It went back three times to get it sorted. The noise was from my left hand side up high, very noiticabe at speeds from 95 to 110....very annoying. One mechanic tried telling me that these were renown for it......nothing they could do. He took from the displeasure from the look I gave him and the verble spray that that wasnt good enough....Finally the third time was lucky though i think they didn't really know exactly what they had done to fix it. As the first 2 goes they took it down to windscreen obriens to get the rear quarters reset, but this time new glue inside and out....I would have thought doing both at the same time would have been simple...apparently not. They also screwed the doors in further thus sealing the rubbers tighter. Wala they wind noise has stopped, so not sure the exact fix was right but once it goes in for its next service I am goin to get them to back the doors off a tad as they are very hard to close....need a decent slam, and hopefully the noise wont return or i will just have to put up with the old girl rockin everytime I have to shut the rears.....:dong: now just need the bluetooth prob sorted out

Are you using roofracks over the cab? I wonder if the metal support that bolts in the top of the door well is creating turbulence and allowing a small amount of that to come inside the outer seal?

I won't get roof racks for mine, because I don't want to compromise that seal. Shame there was no better way to put racks on the D40.

I used to have Thule (they make the "genuine" Nissan racks) on my D40. The fit was terrible. Made all kinds of wind noise, and left nice dents in the inner door skins.

I went to a track mount Rhino system and haven't had a problem since.

I don't have roof racks,
A passenger said it's coming from around the Rear RH door somewhere near the bottom of the fixed window.
I must pull the liner off and have a look when I get time.
Rd's

Yes I have had this exact issue. Pretty easy fix. Again Nissan;s lack of quality control is the issue.

The rear 3/4 window on the rear doors is the culprit. the air wraps around the seal and enters the cabin. Best get some silicon and seal up the entire perimeter of that seal on the inside and outside...makes a noticeable difference. Prior i could hear that windrush noise from +90kph, now you never hear it...evening when pushing on pretty aggressively!

Cheap easy mod...well worth the investment.

Latest posts

Back