how much oil in a change, and what type?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jap55s

Reaction score
hey peoples. Im doing a service today, and just wondering, what type of oil. Brand and weight etc to use and how much? Its a 2005 str d22 5 speed turbo diesel. Ta.

mines same as urs mate and i use about 7 litres i think it is mate. fill it up to full on the stick. kick it in the guts and check it again. top up if ya need to.

Check out this warning in the D40's manual. Might also apply to the D22, I don't know, perhaps someone with a D22 manual could check it out.

Engine - Turbocharger - Page 176/290
Make sure that the engine oil level is between MIN and MAX of the oil level gauge. (When engine oil
amount is more than MAX, engine oil flows into the inlet duct through blow-by gas passage, and turbocharger
is misjudged malfunction.)

In our language, it means that if you overfill the crankcase oil, the ECU might mistakenly see a turbocharger fault. With all the smarts involved, that may mean that the ECU will inhibit speed and/or engine rpm until the fault is cleared.

Moral of the story: don't overfill your oil.

As far I was aware this is the moral of the story for every engine that takes oil. Sure not all have turbos but turbos aren't the only thing effected by excessive oil

In our language, it means that if you overfill the crankcase oil, the ECU might mistakenly see a turbocharger fault. With all the smarts involved, that may mean that the ECU will inhibit speed and/or engine rpm until the fault is cleared.

fit a decent catch can so you don't have to worry about it.

Latest posts

Back