New ST Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshA

Reaction score
Hey there everybody, just wondering if anybody knows if the new ST D40s have arrived in Australia yet? I still cant get a straight answer from the dealer that I have ordered one from yet, and am starting to get a bit anxious.

I haven't seen one yet, when I spoke to the dealer a week ago they were "still coming".

They don't travel quickly on the water, and they take about 7-10 days to be "Australianised", where compliance plates are fitted and whatever else they have to do is done. It then heads off to the dealers.

Hope it arrives soon, Christmas is approaching fast!

My local dealer is advertising pre-christmas delivery on ST's, and I have noticed the *available late Novemeber note has been taken off their ads but I don't know if they have just ordered some for their yard or if they are claiming that they will get you one of your choice before chrissie.

Yep that was the call, will have it before christmas but will probably have one by the end of November. The end of Nov has come and gone and I'm just hoping that it dosent turn into an the epic story that I am afraid of.

Its the first time I have ever bought anything without laying eyes on it first too, probably why I am a bit toey over the whole ordeal.

Keep hassling them, ring them every day if you have to. Sure it wont make the boat get here any faster if the thing is on a boat but some times these dealers have a tendency to forget things and your ute could be sitting waiting for a dealers move.

It always pays to be friendly the first few times but after a few calls showing you are annoyed they might start trying to keep you happy, you might even be able to push them for some freebies for your inconvenience.

I have given them a rest for a few days as I have been pretty insistent. but I will start again on Monday. and the freebies are exactly what I was going to push so I will see how I go this week hopefully all will be good.

Bad time to get a new car , Rego and insurance due at the worst time of the year. Not much of a merry Christmas.

I've got a mate who will tell anyone who will listen that this time of year is the worst to buy a car because as far as the trade in goes in 4 weeks time it will be a year old. I suppose if you were in the business of buying new cars to trade them in that's fairly viable but even second hand dealers check the build date not just the year these days.

Apart from anything else trade in price on a car is like resale value on a house, not much use until you want to sell, or maybe borrow against it.

well i know the st navara is definatly in melbourne as i sat in one and checked it out. but i could only test drive a rx d40. iv paid my deposit and was told they had one sitting out the back for me. now im getting the run around after they gave the car to someone else so ill definatly be hitting them up for freebies. if you have any questions on the st i might be able to answer them for you. maybe

I hope I am not going to go through the same problems. At least you have had the chance to sit in one. can you tell me how different they are from the STX? does it have Remote Central Locking ??

pretty much the same as the stx. only difference is the tie rails in the tub. st only has 2 on the side rather than 5 of the stx. colour coded door handles and mirrors (without indicator) instead of chrome. and a couple of other very minor things. for the price at the moment i dont think you can really go past the st. and yes they are standard with remote central locking but alarm is extra.

I was in my local dealer today to av a look at the st but was told tthey wont be getting any till mid jan at the earliest and he wasnt overly optimistic about that either!

Although I'm not overly suprised in the lack of ST's in Aus right now (probably due to the GFC and the 50% rebate since that was the excuse in June) it does make me wonder how much truth there is in the stories that the UK are getting a remodeled Nav next year. Seems odd/silly that they want to change the formula for a vehicle to one country yet can't supply them to another in the old form.

I went and tried my seats. They fold in both directions - down, like the D22, and up like the King Cab. Maybe slipping the 2-stroke into the tank has had other benefits that weren't immediately apparent.

Besides the difference in trim which can be changed from seat to seat, you could always get a rear stx seat from the wreckers and install it into the st.

Besides the difference in trim which can be changed from seat to seat, you could always get a rear stx seat from the wreckers and install it into the st.

Are there many STX or even Navs in wreckers, I've rung a few east of Melbourne looking for different things but none of them reckon they have any in the yard

Latest posts

Back