Possible Miss Fire in Motor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsagoa3000

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2.5TD king cab D40 and since new when it gets warm it has had this bad tinny rattle throught what I thought was the accelerator pedal. I had the car in for it's 20K service and told them about it AGAIN and they found that it was miss firing. Consequently they have put new injectors in and the problem is worse. And ideas???

No idea's mate but it is their (Nissan's) responsibilty to fix it. keep sending it back until it's right mate.

Are you sure they put new injectors in? Every person I have heard of that needed new injectors had to wait for them to come from Spain.......

yeah mine is king cab so "apparently" they took only a week to come in! so whether they did the job or not is unsure!

I'm sure they keep some parts here and it'd be unreasonable to consider otherwise.

I have the feeling that the Thai-built vehicles use the same motors and therefore the same injectors as the Spanish-built. It's then possible that they could source the injectors from Thailand and not Spain. Since the leprechaun that swims out with them tied to his back doesn't have to go as far, it's possible that the only thing that holds up injectors from arriving sooner is the Oceanic Viking.

I'm just trying to picture in my mind what the captain of that boat is going to ask a 2-foot tall green guy with a hat, floaties and a Mercury outboard strapped to his feet, carrying a set of fuel injectors.

BAHAHAHAHAHHA good call mate!!! I have since found the fix to the problem which I had to come up with for nissan to do something about it, but I got a one way valve removed from the slave cylinder and so far the noise hasn't come back at all. When I told the Nissan service manager about the valve he rang nissan Australia and explained the situation and they said "oh yeah we know all about that noise and the one way valve isn't needed in the slave cylinder so just pull it out" and so far..although I haven't driven for more that a couple of hundred kms since, the noise seems gone. To describe the noise it just sounded like the motor was running on three cylinders and it was especially prominant arount the 70-80km/h and in 5th gear, and if you just touch the clutch pedal it seemed to go away. So fingers crossed that we wont be needing the good ol viking coming across the seas anymore!

Latest posts

Back