D40 side steps @ Snorkels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jabba

Reaction score
Guys I am up for a new set off side steps... I damaged the ome steps on straddie... The new one need to be chassis mounted as I have snapped the bolts that held the side steps into the sill... Also I want the new side steps to be tough and to be able to take a solid knock, but still look stylish.... TJM make a nice chassis mounted step, but not for the D40, and ARB make a tough step, but it looks a bit industrial...

Are there any other manufacters that make tough quality side steps for the D40????

And what about snorkels, which is the most water tight, reliable and stylish looking snorkel on the market???

Thanks
Matt

mate with the snorkel, i ordered a factory one, because after looking around i personally prefer it, my old man has the safari and i dont really like it.

With the side steps all protectin steps will look industrial.. because they are. better to be industrial than agricultural. Tjm seps look similar to arb but i prefer the arb which is what i will get when i get the coin after my snorkel

something you could look into would be an alloy step, and get a custom made slider mounted inside it

Yeah I like the TJM protection step, but they don't make it for the D40.. TJM only have the Aloy step that is bolted into the original holes in the sill.. I realy need a chassis mounted step, so I don't have a problem with them again...

I like your idea about a custon step with a slider under it... Cheers..

Get a boiler maker to make you up a set of sliders.

Stronger and will support the weight of the ute.

Dave.

Why dont you buy some EZYOUTS and remove the old bolts and then buy near enough brand new genuine ones again off ebay for $100.

hi there Jabba give cheezy racing a look they have rock sliders that mount to the chasis and look quite
good and i'm thinking of getting some myself.

Well due to the minor damage I got from stradddie, and the new cost off the original side steps, I decided to put in an insurance claim to have the steps fixed and some other minor damage repaired that was caused from the same incident.....
The claim was excepted and all damage was repaired.. The insurer informed me off the over all cost, which was near 8K.. I near fell over, I was expecting 3K at the most...

Long story story short, those OME side steps cost $2500 new... I told the insurer I was not real happy to have them pay a exorbant amount for a set off side step that fold like a piece off cardboard... They told me I can look for a stronger side step, and pending on the price I woulld only have to pay for the differance...
Anyway I ended upp with a set off colour coded ARB steps for $1150..... I was happy, so was the insurer, and I got a discount on my access for saveing the insurer $1350 on my claim....

Happy day's

wow. thats alot for those shitty sidesteps. i should get mine under insurance... wait my excess is something like 1200 cos i lost my license in the past 3 years.. maybe not. those arb steps look great, throw up a pic?

Pictures as requested
02052009.jpg

02052009001.jpg

Gotta get a mate to make me a set and brush bars aswell.

He said he will make the mounts out of the steel they use on Bulldozer blades. Overkill sure but strong. Cant remember what they call it.

Dave.

i was under the impression that the genuine snorkel and the airtec were identical...
does anyone know if this is true?

Latest posts

Back