Inskip point 12/12/09

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
Th family and I headed up to Inskip Pt yesterday to spend the day with shane75 and another mate and their families. We left home at about 6am and hit the highway, not too much traffic around so it was an easy run. We spent a couple of hours swimming around in the sea and bummming around on the beach, and then went for a drive through rainbow beach for some lunch, and then the god-awful freshwater track that seems to never end.

The sand on the entrances and exits to the beach was really really soft! It made for some fun driving!

After another quiet beer over at Double Island Point, we headed home along double island and onto the ferry at Teerwah, into a bit of rain, and the others headed back over freshwater track back to their camp. The tide was a bit high for us going home really and was a bit hard going in some spots, but generally not too bad. We had a terrific day out, got home about 8pm after a nice steady run home and a bit of dinner on the way. We did around 450kms, and i still have a quarter of a tank of fuel left. Not too bad for a heap of sand driving and three snatch-outs!

That looks like a great time had by all. Still haven't been back to Rainbow Beach to take the Nav for a sand run, came through Gympie for work Sat morning, saw the Rainbow Beach turnoff.... and kept heading home. *sigh*

Will get up there before holidays end mid January.

Hoo Roo

Heres a couple of pics on the weekend we were there. It was cold, overcast and the water was such a brilliant colour. Please excuse the X-Trail and Kluger in the pic.

Attachments

• 2008_0705(034).jpg
    2008_0705(034).jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 2008_0705(031).jpg
    2008_0705(031).jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 68
Looks like a great day out Matt,nice pics.
I've never driven on the beach,but i want to give it a go one day.Love surf fishing.

Last edited:
Looks kike a great day out Matt,nice pics.
I've never driven on the beach,but i want to give it a go one day.Love surf fishing.

Sandy point down at inverloch would fulfil your needs then Ian. Having said that though we took the XR6 along that beach so its not too tough. Surf fishing for sure though. The only other beach driving I know of within cooee of our location is Robe or Kingston SE over in SA.

Latest posts

Back