Hit and run! NOT HAPPY

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara_cruz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just need to vent my frustrations to someone. Had my new Navara for all of 4 weeks now and have just noticed that I have copped a hit in the rear. Its just a little knock but enough to bend the steel bumper and dent the read panel. All the bumper is twisted and now the rubber inserts don't sit correctly. The worst of it, the person that hit me didn't hang round, leave a note or anything.

The only thing I can be happy about is that it wasn't a plastic bumper. If it was I may be crying about more damage caused and lot more money to fix.

Lets hope this isn't an insight into the future of this car...

Thanks for hearing me out......NOT HAPPY!!!!:12:

That is pretty unlucky mate.

You would probably find if it was plastic that it would just bend in and back out being hardly noticeable. (depending on how hard).

Look at it this way. You own a Navara with a small ding..... People must be jealous still :big_smile:

That sucks mate, I've had the same thing happen to many cars I've had, one of the hazards of living in the city I guess, but it sh!ts you nonetheless.

Yeah tell me about it. I have an old Rodeo that I am trying to sell at the moment and not even flies stick to the windscreen yet I have a brand new Navara and its been hit already......go figure.

If it was 10 years old I would still be disappointed but its 4 weeks old.....you know where I'm coming from. As I said its nothing big but I know its there now and I see it everyday.

Just have to get over it now and hope that it doesn't happen again.
Thanks

Yep it happens and it sucks.

When I bought my D22, 3 weeks and I had a cracked windscreen. New windscreen put in at a month old.

A Nissan dealer damaged my left front door. I am certain it was them but I have no proof and they apparently know nothing about it. My brother will fix it for me, he shouldn't have but the dealer knows nothing about it. Pricks.

I was on the New England Highway the other day at about 12.30am and someone threw part of a brick at the ute. I heard bang and thought it was a rock hitting the guards as I run muddies.

Next day I checked and the sports bar has a dint in it. Red dust like brick on it.

If I drove a Datsun 720 I swear nothing would happen to it. You buy a nice car and people dont care.

Dave.

when i picked up my nissan from the dealer it was late afternoon and was in rush.had a quick look over it and took it straight home and put it in the shed.pulled it out the following morning and sat it in the driveway.was walking back over to it and the sun had picked up a fairly decent dent at the top of the drivers door.rang nissan about it and was told don't worry we'll fix it.took it in and they did'nt want to know about it.rang up fair trading and because i did'nt go over the vehicle thoroughly and drove it away i did'nt have a leg to stand on.was pretty pissed after just handing over $48000. a couple of weeks ago some prick dented the tailgate as well.:angry:

I was camped at Girraween couple of months back, semi flaked out and noticed a group of adults and kids walk past with their tents and poles draped over their shoulders. Took no notice, just thought they were shifting campsite, but went to the car couple of hours late to find a scratch from the tailgate to the headlight. Some moron must have dragged his tent pole along the car while he walked past. Lots of polish has cleared most of it but it can still be seen.
Paul :dito:

Back