Sluggish start?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogrc

Reaction score
hey all,
i noticed lately that the car when starting off from a start seems to be a lil sluggish and i have to give it a bit more gas to get it going.

the cars only done 2800km so i have no idea of what wear problems could have occurred as its so new.

i have an idea tho and that its this hot weather (35+ each day) and that the less dense and hotter air just isn't burning as well. i also noticed that on the freeway doing 100km/h it was sitting about 300RPM higher than usual, normally sits 2K in 5th.

any ideas guys?

cheers,
george

i thought yours was a manual ?
if auto could be lock up clutch not locking. if manual possible clutch slipping.

it is a manual

like when i'm at a stop, i dont rev the engine then let out clutch, i use the pendulum effect (clutch out and gas in at same time) and when i did that the car was always quick off the line.

now when i do that it seems as if i need to put more gas in or if i dont it drops down in the revs to about 800 then when i have the clutch fully out its fine.

hmm

i also noticed that on the freeway doing 100km/h it was sitting about 300RPM higher than usual, normally sits 2K in 5th.
thats whats makes me thing of clutch problem.

taking off could just be hot weather. does it do it at night?
it can be other thigns such as fuel, filters blocking up etc.

hmm, i'm thinkings its more a problem that something is blocked.

for a clutch to be stuffed at 2800km without a burnout or constant riding sounds odd

i'm guessing fuel filter or bad fuel, and not air filter because i put a new air intake on, but this problem has occured way after doing that. dad recently put a new load of diesel into the tank, so perhaps its bad fuel.

Only a slipping clutch would let it rev 200rpm higher. Smaller tyres, diff gear change.

Higher temps outside will make it sluggish, semi blocked fuel filter, blocked air filter.

You own a YD25DDTI CRD powered 2wd D22 dont you. I have driven a 4WD D22 Yd25 powered, I think they are normally sluggish. I hate there clutches to, there way to soft.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back