Black nissan cover on top of engine?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angus

Reaction score
Question to anybody that knows! does the black plastic nissan cover on top of the d40 engine do anything other than look good? Thinking about taking it of before my next big trip to give better access to the engine.

As far as I recall, it is there so that it looks like a V8 Supercar engine when you pull into the pits ... the manual has this to say about it:

Remove engine cover (1).
CAUTION:
Be careful not to damage engine cover surface.

In other words, it's a pretty hat.

Question to anybody that knows! does the black plastic nissan cover on top of the d40 engine do anything other than look good? Thinking about taking it of before my next big trip to give better access to the engine.

Do you mean for cleaning?

G'day Angus,
As far as I can tell, the cover is really just to hide wiring and other 'ugly' bits of the motor... and you won't do any harm in taking it off. It may also have some sound deadening under it to minimise mechanical noise (All Toyota Diesels have this for this reason) which you may or may not notice if you take it off. However I have to ask, Why do you think that it will make working on the engine any easier? Your oil filter and primer for your fuel filter are right down the back of the drivers side part of the engine, and you don't need to take covers off to reach them either. Hope this is of some help to you!:big_smile:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back