z24 head

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navman_dave

Reaction score
about 5ish friday afternoon i was heading home from picking up some parts from honda and i hear this loud rattle on acceleration. i get home and just watch the idle and its rumbling and rocking at 600rpm.

YouTube - nissan navara d21 z24 rough idle

i take it round to my mates to do a comp test, #4 has little compression. (50psi)
tested #1 for comparison and it was way out (obviously!) so monday i started taking the head off and once removed found a huge gap between 3rd and 4th on the gasket. was going to take a pic, but our 1st year threw the gasket out.

anyway, sent the head away and got it this afternoon and started to clean the block. the only problem i have now is that the book says that i have to line up the chain with the specified marks. i have the cam lobe on TDC, #1 on TDC and the dizzy marked on #1, is there anyway i can get around this or do i have to remove the timing case and do it by the book?

oh btw, i found after removing the head that the thermostat was broken, there were numerous hoses leaking and the exhaust nuts were all loose.

Gotta duck out for a few hours, Ill post up the info I have on the Z24 when I get back home.

Dave.

boss said as long as everything is TDC should be alright. bit concerned with the gaskets they gave me tho, all the cooling gaskets are paper element....... cleaned up all surfaces yesterday, intake is on and head is ready to go once i got the hoses to replace. (should be arriving tomorrow)

had a dilemma with the timing chain and trying to get the timing sprocket on......... the tensioner came out so i have to take the timing case off and fix it. guess i wont be driving it for xmas.

Latest posts

Back