Calling Joshy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jameslibra

Reaction score
Im back on the transfer box again, Does the gearbox need to come out and what about the crossmember that holds the torsion bars. Im just trying the think about how much time I need on a mates lift. How long am I looking at

I only pulled the back part of the case apart when it was in the car to get the chain out. do you want to remove the chain or the whole transfer to swap another one in?

Gearbox shouldnt need to come out, might need to just lower the cross member. you will have to lower the torsion crossmember to get to the top bolts, we just pushed it down till it was just inside the mounts and there was enough room. if your pulling the whole case out youll prob have to remove the torsion bar.

We pulled the back of the case off and pulled the chain out and put it back together on the side of the track in probably 4-5 hours?? would be much faster using lifts and in a workshop.

Thanks, did the chain go on by sliding cogs off or did you split the chain open. sorry for the barrage of questions but I like to have as much info as possible so I can avoid mishaps as the truck is a daily driver and work vehicle:flowers:

are you just trying to pull the old one out? or putting a new one on at the same time? My old one had snapped so we just pulled it out and cleaned all the little pieces out we could. Didnt put a new one in.

The chain "should" have a bit where it splits open as from memory theres no adjustment to the sprockets to tighten the chain tension.

Hopefully just replacing the chain. with all the snow were having in the UK at the moment im needing 4wd but the noise is getting embarrassing if i spin a wheel

itd be easier/faster/cheaper to swap the whole case.

undo all the bolts on the last section of the transfer, youll have to lower the torsion crossmember to get at the higher bolts of the transfer. undo tailshaft bearing and slide tailshaft out. undo speedo gear and anything else externaly attached. prob need a screw driver and hammer to open the case up. before you do anything else take note of where the plastic bits all go and everything else for that matter inside the case. (grab a d22 user manual, might help in putting it back together) if your lucky the old chain will just come off. Otherwise youll have to find the split in the chain(which hopefully it has..). Reverse the process to complete...

Back