Snorkels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stubbsy351

Reaction score
hey guys am looking at getting a snorkel next year and was wondering what peoples opinion was on which one to get gen nissan or a safari, also is there one you can use that cuts the pre-cleaner out of the picture?
thanks.

the safari one gets rif od the pre cleaner. the nissan one fits to the pre cleaner

I saw one the other day made out of PVC stormwater pipe, I am quite sure it had no pre-cleaner :eviltongue:

i vote safari ive got one on mine. ditched the precleaner in the bin. the main reason i went safari is because i can turn the head around when going through decent puddles at high speed and when its really pouring down with rain. i also prefer the way it looks compared to airtec

but thats just my opinion

cheers
matt

i vote safari ive got one on mine. ditched the precleaner in the bin. the main reason i went safari is because i can turn the head around when going through decent puddles at high speed and when its really pouring down with rain.
cheers
matt

well i guess thats one thing to consider, i dont know if turning the head is really important to me but i guess its another option
cheers

If the precleaner helps to remove garbage from my engine's incoming air, then my precleaner is going to stay.

not a lot. i've had leaves, water etc all get through the pre cleaner.
however with airtec/nissan snorkel you may still need some why to let out water. i can't remember if they have drains in the snorkel head.

yep, the airtec/nissan have a drain at the top of the snorkel so when driving the water is forced straight to the back of the snorkel head and falls down into a drain which allows water to escape, but air to always keep flowing in

yeah i think im leaning towards the nissan snorkel, i think they are only about $360 compared to about $450ish for the safari (without installation of course) and i do like the look of the nissan ones. anyway im overseas until mid feb so i still have some time to think about it!

hey mate go the nissan one. Mine was about $350 from nissan in Townsville and fitted up myself in a couple of hours. I have the right size holesaw if you need to borrow it. I myself will be overseas until mid april, I'm thinking in the same place as you by the sounds of it. PM me if you like. Cheers.

hey mate go the nissan one. Mine was about $350 from nissan in Townsville and fitted up myself in a couple of hours. I have the right size holesaw if you need to borrow it. I myself will be overseas until mid april, I'm thinking in the same place as you by the sounds of it. PM me if you like. Cheers.

cheers mate PM sent

On Sunday, Dave and I took a peek inside my air filter box. The air flows into the snorkel's intake, down the long tube along the windscreen, forward to the opening in the guard, then down under the filter where it is turned up through the filter and then across to the turbocharger's inlet. If water made it down the snorkel, it'd still not make it up through the filter.

Latest posts

Back