smoking D40 !

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweak'e

Staff member
Reaction score
sadly not the good kind :(

was following a D40 today and watching all the smoke it pissed every time he got onto the gas a little bit.
how many have seen how much smoke yours make?

its suprising in this day and age that modern diesels are pouring smoke out.

It's a bit odd isn't it, I noticed the same thing when following a D40 over the weekend, heading up a bit of an incline for a fair distance and I could have mistaken it for an old normally aspirated diesel with the pump wound up, there was that much smoke.

Haven't really seen any D40's smoking, maybe I cant remember.

I seen a D4D hilux today smoking, I was actually gonna start a new thread. But Tweake beat me to it.

Dave.

would removing the cat cause it to smoke a whole lot more?

i saw a diesel hilux today and it was all lifted n stuff and smoking, plus sounded a bit different, not due to diff exhaust, but there was a odd sound to it

not this D40, it was going way to slow ;)

mind you i have seen quite a few modern diesels smoke a fair bit. dodgy fuel??

I have noticed a fair bit out of mine and thought thats how it is. I haven't had a diesel before and from the old utes I have had previously that use petrol smoke is always mostly a bad thing....

Mine runs really well and get about 880km to a tank so I think that the tune seems to be OK.

iv noticed lately that mine has been smoking on take off iv got it booked in on thursday to get a snorkel put on so ill get them to check it out...

they all smoke.i know my d40 does. when i started looking around to buy one the salesman was spinning a yarn on how all of the new common rail diesels don't blow smoke.what a load of crap, they all do.

the silly thing here is i see very few older diesels blow smoke. especially over here as its illegal to have a vehicle blowing smoke for to long, so most smoky motors gets fixed fairly quickly.
IMHO i think the EGR system is not accurate enough and pours in excess EGR causing the black smoke.

i think the salesman is right, no new diesel should smoke at all.

smoking

my d22 was smoking more than usual till i changed the fuel filter i think crap fuel i cut open the old filter just to see and there was some water trapped in there maybe i left the filter to long between changes i could see in my rear view esp. at night in following cars headlights:eek: now with 104ks on the clock it puffs a little on start up or if you sharp rev it i think modern turbo deisels whith high pressure injection systems burn cleaner than old
steve

ill try some of that ultimate diesel and se how that goes... might change the fuel filter as well. i changed the air filter and it helped a bit.

Its commom for UK D40s. they all smoke quite bad under acceleration.

U really notice it at night if a cars behind you with its lights on and you give it some gas, its just a smoke screen in the headlights!!

Chip them and there worse!!

not good :(
i wonder whats going wrong with all these new diesels then ??

crap fuel?
poor maintenance?

smoky vechiles are illegal here, you can be pulled off the road for it.

its definately the fuel, i filled up with bp ultimate and now theres hardly any smoke under hard acceleration.

Latest posts

Back