Tube Front Bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stove

Reaction score
has anyone got or made a tube bar for there D22?
been looking at some and really like the one on [KNARLY]

they dont look hard to make and purenissan.com have some for sale for $450USD but arnt all that nice.

if anyone has any info that would be great

cheers stove

get ya nav on

dam airbags haha

so how would you go about getting a airbag approved tube bar?

the car currently has a bull bar which im planning on taking off to paint
is there any sensors i need to worry about if i remove the bull bar?

cheers stove

get ya nav on

The ABS sensors are on the transmission tunnel from what I have read.

Apparently you need to crash 2 vehicles with a bullbar design you wanna test to make sure the bullbar doesn't affect the operation and deployment of the airbags.

Dave.

yep what dave said. at least two vehichles with identical bars on them..so if your 1st design doesnt work.....there goes 2 more..

I like this one, although its a DX and probably doesn't have airbags.

S6001243.jpg

S6001262.jpg

Yeah i think that was pre included airbag. Ah wish i didnt have mine, make things easier.

Is there a way around the airbag thing? Surely if you put the bar on a vehicle with airbags, its no different to being on a vehicle with no bags anyway?? I mean, if you had no bags and crashed your gonna be no better/worse off than in a vehicle with bags and the tube bar are you? Is there a fine?

If it was made with airbags, it has to keep them.

It's like the emissions stuff. They wanted to bring in emissions regs on diesels, but not everyone with an existing diesel would have been able to afford to make their vehicles compliant, so they say to the manufacturers "you have to add emissions relevant features" and to the buyers "if your car came with emissions stuff, you have to keep it".

That's why you often can't put an older engine in a newer car.

If it diddn't matter then they wouldn't make airbag compatable bullbars, I think it has a lot to do with the way it mounts on the chassis, too rigid and the bags would deploy too easily, you would need to talk to an engineer as I'm not realy sure though.

As for the fine side of things if it got noticed I recon it would come under roadworthy issuse and I think in QLD there is a fine then you must rectifiy the problem, get a RWC, then off to DOT for inspection (try getting a dodgy RWC if its going to DOT for inspection) so if there are any other roadworthy problems on inspection then your up for the $$ to fix that too. We had a lady come into our tint shop and she had illegal blue reflective tint so the the whole thing cost her $400 blue tint, $300 fine (i think), $100 removal, $400 legal tint, $50 RWC + what ever was wrong with the car total $1250 + repairs. There are also the insurance issues.

Latest posts

Back