Handbrake issue.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Anyone else had a sticky cable off the handbrake lever. Nissan paid to fix mine.

Tonight while driving around my handbrake light half lit up, check the lever. Lever was fully down. Thought F!@# maybe the master cylinder was dry, pulled over and checked. Nope no issue its full.

Drove to the exchange I was going to a few km's from where I was. Checked brake lights by using a bottle of coke to hold the pedal down to see if the brake lights worked, yep both lights work.

Pulled the harness off the master cylinder and blew the harness out and plugged it back in and started the motor and all was good. Haven't had a issue since, 2 hours driving since.

The weird thing is it just came on after I left Mcdonalds, went through the drive through and didn't use the handbrake there.

Dave.

Sounds a lot like a dicky hand brake switch, from memory it's just a pissy little plastic pin under the hand brake lever with the wire attached to the end of it, it may have come loose or something and earthing out on the hand brake frame.

Sounds a lot like a dicky hand brake switch, from memory it's just a pissy little plastic pin under the hand brake lever with the wire attached to the end of it, it may have come loose or something and earthing out on the hand brake frame.

Yeah I was thinking a dodgy switch, see how it goes for the next couple of days.

Dave.

I forgot to update this thread, I hate when other people dont update the thread when they get a result that could help someone else.

The handbrake cable from the lever to the was sticking, Nissan replaced it under warrenty. I had to fight though as I was 50km's over 100,000km's.

Wankers, so much for being loyal.

Dave.

Back