Steering wheel plastic peeling off !

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mermaidgem

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a D40 STX TD auto with only 13000k on it..
And have just noticed the plastic covers over the cruise controls are peeling off plastic in the corner where it meets the leather wheel.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for the replies

MG

Attachments

• IMG_0279.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 130
Yep, mine too.
My wife blames me for fiddling with the cruise too much!
I have managed to get my head into the place where this is just a character mark.

Hi Everyone,

I have a D40 STX TD auto with only 13000k on it..
And have just noticed the plastic covers over the cruise controls are peeling off plastic in the corner where it meets the leather wheel.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for the replies

MG

Just dropped in the D40 for its 50k service and Von Bibra Nissan at Ashmore Gold Coast notified me that they are replacing the steering wheel plastic parts under warrenty.

Thanks for the replies

Thanks for the reply..

I bought mine from there too, but get it serviced from South Tweed Nissan , seems to be a common problem as checked a few D40s in car parks etc .....So I hope the replacement ones last a bit better....mines due in March so will get it done then.

Thanks Again for your reply

MG

just had 70,000 service done, Tweed Heads. asked about the peeling and instant reply was yep, no worries. showed him the trim on the doors, (window control bit) doin the same. answer Yep!

Hi,

i have mine replace once now mine has done it again so it going back for its 70k service so they can replace it again.

How long ago were they replaced the first time? From most reports I've heard Nissan claim that somewhere after 09 they changed the way these things were made and the new designs shouldn't be peeling, atleast not so soon.

How long ago were they replaced the first time? From most reports I've heard Nissan claim that somewhere after 09 they changed the way these things were made and the new designs shouldn't be peeling, atleast not so soon.

The first one was replaced around the 20k mark, now the second time will be 70k

Mine is peeling to. Just happened after it had its 20k service at Tweed on its 2nd birthday. Was worried it was me. Thanks everyone will follow it up :cheers!:

Well mine was peeling, and is now out of the warranty period...

So I did this mod this arvo... Carbon fibre sticker... Looks heaps better.

Attachments

• s-wheel.jpg
    s-wheel.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 94
  • s-wheel1.jpg
    s-wheel1.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 97

Latest posts

Back