I've got big plans for my St-r

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan85

Reaction score
Hi guy'

I bought my St-r about 4 months ago and love it... I've got a list of mods to be done, I've started inside with a JVC dvd player 12inch sub and 5 inch rear door speakers, the easy stuff now im moving onto the more expensive gear, such as air lockers front (if they exist??) and rear, a 2 inch suspension list with a 2inch body lift!! I've been reading your threads and from all the advice giving i think ill go with TOUGH DOG foam cell shocks front an rear, RockCrawler HD torsion bars as i intend to add a bash plate an winch to the front! Im thinking of leaving the rear leafs in and using 2" lift shackles?? I've heard good an bad on that topic, but i carry barely any weight and i do alot of sand driving, plus im planning a Cape trip in winter and think ill need to softened rear suspension...

So what does everyone think?? am i on the right path?? some guidance would be really appreciated guys

cheers nath

Welcome to the forums Nath.

air lockers front (if they exist??)
Nope, there is a Lokka though.

using 2" lift shackles??
To get 2" of lift you need shackles 4" longer than standard. Not sure about NSW but they're illegal in VIC and any cop can spot a 4" longer shackle a mile away, plus they massively reduce the lateral location of your axle - better off with a custom shape spring pack to give you lift with a low spring rate. You still lose some lateral location but it's nowhere near as bad as massive extended shackles.

Good luck with it all.

change the rear leafs. they are only going to sag like crazy. might as well fix them and get a lift done.

Back