D22 more power after 10 000k service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
There is a thread around here that I cant find where somebody mentioned that after the first service the had a noticable increase in power delivery than previous. I cant find that thread for the life of me. But... Ours had its first serious service last week ( discount the 1000 k tyre kicking ) and I have to say it is much better than when first delivered.
Prior to going to the Nissan dealership it felt asthmatic and struggled to pull past 3500 rpm. Even in second gear with the loud pedal buried it felt brutal to try and force it to anywhere past 4000 rpm. It seemed to take forever and better gains in forward momentum were had by fetching the next cog. Afterwards however it feels like a different engine altogether. It will now pull cleanly and strongly to about 4300 rpm ( roughly estimated by the lazy electronic tacho). It is definitely more crisp and responsive on the throttle between 1900 and 3200rpm. The turbo seems to have grown a set as it is now whistling away and there is a stronger induction noise.
The only thing I can put it down to is that the vehicle departs the factory with the ECU programmed in a gently gently mode and that when it gets to the dealer and they plug into it on its first service there must be some form of reset function performed to optimise it. Thats my theory anyway.

I know there was a reasonable amount of naysayers in the other thread that discussed this but I would like to confirm that things do get much better after the first service. I drove it there and tried out a couple of things before hand - 5th uphill 100km roll on, tried to get it to redline in 2nd but decided that mechanical cruelty still isnt my thing. After leaving the dealership a whole different animal. Only a dyno could tell the real story. Oh and I have written an email to Paul Gover to chase this up with Nissan and see whether its true or not - he has a better way of sourcing inside info than most.

Now for more HP with a Beaudesert exhaust, DP chip, Davies craig thermo's, water sprays etc etc:3gears:

Yeah I wrote that, might be in my truck thread.

Glad I wasn't going nuts! :p

Edit: You will love the performance increase from the Beau Exhaust, I noticed big improvement. You going 2 3/4? That's what they recommend.

I agree, my nav now has 15,000 on it and too think it's got more balls but it could always have more. I'm also looking at a Beaudesert exhaust and diesel chip of some type. My mate works in dyno tuning and recommends tune-it and steinbauer chips, he said dp chip's don't work well in nissans but haul in toyotas?

What size exhaust are you going for and what sort of price?

Cheers Azza

Its all just on the wish list at the moment boys.

BTW does anyone know the going rate of kidneys? :big_smile:

does anyone know the going rate of kidneys?

I hear you can get about 15,000 rupees for them in Pakistan. Ought to be enough (after conversion, transfer, exchange and bank processing fees) to get a wheel nut chrome-plated (you supply the nut).

No guarantee on how gentle the removal process would be, or even if they get the right organ.

I'd seriously suggest something else.

Kids are easier to make than to buy str's hey? lol.

Their biggest problem is they take a long time to modify into a decent condition and even then there is no guarantee the resale is going to justify the work involved. You really do need to find the right buyer to take the whole child off your hands in one go.

Back