4x4 box just rebuilt

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prospector27

Reaction score
Wow second hand or reco 4x4 diesel boxes are rare as rocking horse shit ! Mine started to wine in 2nd and 3rd, then 1 and 5..... booked it in was hoping only a layshaft or bearing, but ended up having to be rebuilt, all up cost me $1600 , and had to go back one cause the suspension sank (the had to take some part out to get the box out), still sitting a tad low but my mechanic is going to adjust when i get an alignment done...... what a pain in the ass of an excercise !

Pain in the ass indeed. I've just replaced the gearbox in mine, doing the work myself. Not something I'd be keen to do again, and only did it because it's the extra car. Still not back on the road yet.

Any idea what the breakdown in cost was? How much for labour to remove and fit the box, and how much to recondition the box?

It seems to be running slow, like struggling or low powered, since the rebuild. Like i put my foot down in 4th and have to put it to the floor to get up speed, just seems like something is holding it back? Any ideas? either way im taking it back to the rebuild shop to ask them about it next weekl.

As i said in another thread, my fuel economy seems to be worse, and there is this vibration iat 60km in 4th, that dissapears at 64km/h. But yet if im in 3rd or 5th at the same speed it doesnt do it. Its wierd. Im taking it back the guy who rebuilt it said he will remove the diff, and get the balance checked, he took the tail shaft, and moved it around to a few different positions, which didnt seem to help at all, hence he thinking its the diff............ its got me stuffed, i jsut gotta make the time to get it back to him.

Latest posts

Back