new str navaras with two batteries,anyone know why?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are wired in parallel.
Both are crankers. Explanation I got was that the vehicle is made for worldwide consumption - Some people use a secondary bat for aux power whilst the colder climates require them to wake the vehicle up in the morning. Either way its definitely an optional expense you can rule out and all you need is a way of splitting them without worying about trays, brackets, wiring etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, I asked the salesman when I purchased it and was told "their all like that now" (navaras). I don't live in a cold climate and probably won't need the two of them.

dual batteries is often a winter option with some makers. might simpye be a case of easier to make one model.

Nissan use to bring the Patrol out in Aus with 24V back in the MQ days.

Everyone complained to much so they went to 12V for Aus, I would take 24V in my Nav if I had the option.

Dave.

Maybe this is nissans way of easing into the 4wd market of petrol electric cars, soon next model will have 4 batteries and half an electric engine. lol.

spose it could'nt hurt to have the two anyway,should last longer than one on its own.
Can of worms there.
Discussion will surely soon follow from those with a penchant for electrons and how they are stored......

On the plus side of having 2 batteries you can split them - too many ways to mention here and now - but by splitting them means you can use one for aux power whilst still having one dedicated to vehicular activities such as starting the engine and being able to drive home.
frinstance you can run a fridge and lighting if you you are camping, charge your phone and laptop if your urban, run your mega sound system if you love to hang with the boys in the Coles carpark etc etc and still start the car and drive home. In the 4x4 world 12v is king and apparently you can never get enough of it. So don't discount the blessing Nissan have bestowed upon the new D22.

I see what you mean. Anything on the negative side? Apart from maybe having to replace both at the same time.We replace all batteries at the same time in prime movers so as to reduce problems later on.

Maybe this is nissans way of easing into the 4wd market of petrol electric cars, soon next model will have 4 batteries and half an electric engine. lol.

Damn we are getting told to turn off everything that consumes power in the house as it is, the last thing I need is greenies telling me I can't run my car because it uses standby power over night when its charging.

I also agree with Dave, I'd take the 24V if it was an option

Latest posts

Back