Plazmaman D40 hotpipe

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steel d40

Reaction score
After reading another post on the forum I went and picked up one of these from Plazmaman. Had one on the shelf. Got it home and 15 mins later job done.
Awesome change in vehicle (2007 spanish) driveabilty improved and the sound is just addictive.
I know intercooler upgrade comes with this mod but too exxy at the mo. For the price can't recommend this high enough. Just gotta keep my foot off the go pedal so much.
As an aside found no oil in old pipe at all. Guess provent is doing it's job.

After reading another post on the forum I went and picked up one of these from Plazmaman. Had one on the shelf. Got it home and 15 mins later job done.
Awesome change in vehicle (2007 spanish) driveabilty improved and the sound is just addictive.
I know intercooler upgrade comes with this mod but too exxy at the mo. For the price can't recommend this high enough. Just gotta keep my foot off the go pedal so much.
As an aside found no oil in old pipe at all. Guess provent is doing it's job.

mate my 2012 is only 4 months old and i had quite a bit of oil in the pipe when i replaced it... think i need to invest in one

Pipe was oil stained if you know what I mean but dry so I reckon the provent cleaned it up. Thanks for the tip on plazmaman through the forum too. Great upgrade. Cheers.

Just FYI I also am interested in the Plazamaman Hot pipe upgrade and I have a 2012 ST D40 which didn't have a pipe available til Recently.
So anyone else who was interested who have had to wait, I looked this morning and Plazamaman have listed one to suit my D40:)

Just FYI I also am interested in the Plazamaman Hot pipe upgrade and I have a 2012 ST D40 which didn't have a pipe available til Recently.
So anyone else who was interested who have had to wait, I looked this morning and Plazamaman have listed one to suit my D40:)

This is great news, pity I'm broke for the time being because of Xmas though!

Got mine in the mail on Monday and installed, took 10 mins. Looks the goods:)

Just ordered mine for the the 2012 version, although they are still closed until next monday.

Notice any difference in sound or performance?

Not that it mater to me as i want one so it wont split like the first one did a few months back.

Just ordered mine for the the 2012 version, although they are still closed until next monday.

Not that it mater to me as i want one so it wont split like the first one did a few months back.

I ordered mine over the christmas break and received it this monday, they are still doing small pipe orders as such just not intercooler kits.

Yeah I ordered mine on the 30th of Dec and got it Monday.
You get slight improvements in noise and throttle response, nothing crazy but I did notice it.

With the risk of sounding like a retard, how do i undo the spring clips, mine have some plastic over the top, i don't want to stuff them as i really don't like my service guy at Nissan, putting it nicely the mans a C%#Ky F*#K wit, 2014 ST 2.5td
$_12.JPG

You won't need the plastic bit so don't be worried if it does distort a little you won't hurt the metal clip and that's the only bit you need.
If you want a practice undo the top one where it's easier to get to and see, that way you will know what way to push the clip in the plastic to release it.

Got mine, quick delivery, very easy install. Not really sure about a performance difference as I have done a lot of mods recently and I cant tell - but my wagon is running like a dream at the moment. I did notice a change in sound tho as I can hear the air "tinging" as it is pumped through the pipe by the turbo.

Back