A few d22 ratio & wheelbase questions.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mud4b

Reaction score
Hi all.
i need a few things answered if possible. vehicle is a 02 d22 navara duel cab, 3.0 td, man 5 speed.

does anyone know the following.
Gearbox ratios, 1st, 2nd,3rd,4th,5th.
transfer ratios, low high.
diff ratios.

also.
wheelbase
wheel track front and rear.

cheers mark.

Rear diff ratio should be 4.357 front should be the same, although i have been told that some front ratios are different to the rear ratios.

Why you asking?

diff ratios are 4.3, ive got a gearbox ratio chart ill post up

original courtesy of shonky
navaragearbox.gif

and courtesy of dejay in another thread..
Wheelbase is 2950,
Front wheel track 1525
Rear wheel track 1505
Overall height is 1725

Think that was everything u were after..

interesting...transfers have the same ration between patrol/navara but patrols are more beefed up. patrol wheelbase is only 20mm longer, and wheel track is about 100mm wider.

Thanks heaps fellas its just what i was after.

cheers mark.

yeah but it being only a single cab theres not as much to line up. Bet the fire wall got modded a bit tho.

planning a project?

Yeah, since my nav was written off by my designated driver i thought its time to do the gq chassis swap. i already have the body off, the sump is done on the engine, waiting on a gq transfer case and a decent priced gq to come up then its full steam ahead.

cheers mark.

My brother has a GQ transfer sitting in his shed and a GU TD42 gearbox with a slightly noisy 5 gear.

If your intested Ill see how much he wants for them.

Dave.

nice. gq diffs would prob be the same track as the nav

Hi josh.
as said i sussed this out when i got my first navara, front is not much different 5mm more rear is 30mm more. keeping the right offset rim will bring the tyres inline with the guards... honestly i have read the comments regarding this conversion and i don't care, it is a great conversion and way better base to work on than the nav chassis.. not directed at you josh or anyone in that matter, i just thought i would add it before it comes up.

cheers mark.

My brother has a GQ transfer sitting in his shed and a GU TD42 gearbox with a slightly noisy 5 gear.

If your intested Ill see how much he wants for them.

Dave.

Hi dave.
i could be keen on the transfer if the gq does not go through so i can keep going on this. im using the nav gearbox though.

cheers mark.

Last edited:
what motor are you using? why use the nav box? I can see the benefits of using the whole chassis but wouldnt it be easier to keep the whole drivechain patrol?

Latest posts

Back