diff ratio,s 09 nav thai....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billybunter

Reaction score
g day, can anyone tell me about diff ratio,s i do a lot of heavy towing,an i would to use low range on hills when taking of due to low gear being so high geard.. i need to know if the front ratio is the same as the back. some toyota,s used to different ,,,,,, not sure about nav,s any info ??? billy bunter

Front and rear ratios should be indentical. If not you could cause a binding and cause all sorts of damage. Cv, diff, crowns, axles, uni, etc etc.

The ratio is on your build plate. Unsure on the d40 but my d22 has a ca39 which stands for 3.9 ratio.

Check your plate

g day, can anyone tell me about diff ratio,s i do a lot of heavy towing,an i would to use low range on hills when taking of due to low gear being so high geard.. i need to know if the front ratio is the same as the back. some toyota,s used to different ,,,,,, not sure about nav,s any info ??? billy bunter

All good to tow in low range when off road but DO NOT do it for too far when on the bitumen as you won't be worrying about diff ratios but rather how much it is going to cost you for new diffs. The D40 is a part time 4WD and doesn't have a locking centre differential......so if you use 4WD on a hard surface you will get drive train wind up and could do really serious and expensive damage to the driveline.

Back