Air con condensation in cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been scratching my head trying to figure out why my passenger front carper is often wet, it seems that there is condensation dripping down when the air con is on, enough to make the carpet quite wet. I use rubber mats and it must drip down near the firewall and run under the mats. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

Cheers

Hey mate,
Very common problem with these as they cut the steel pipe too short that comes out of the firewall in the engine bay. The water then comes out end of pipe and transfers (runs) around and follows the pipe back inside the cab.

To fix you have to take the rubber boot out from the firewall inside the engine bay and cut a small section off the end of it. Push this small piece (approx 15mm fits from memory)
back onto the steel pipe and then reinstall the rubber boot drain pipe thingy.

It is a pain to get to but is doable. I took the plastic inner gaurd out to make it a bit easier

Hope this makes sense. Or if you have the time just get nissan to fix as they know about the problem and is very common. I just didn't have the time to leave it with them and the head mech at the dealership just told me what to do.

BTW it takes a while to fully dry out the floor too. I also sprayed some anti corrosion stuff in there too just to be sure. You have to pull all the carpet up anyway.

Cheers
Brian

Haven't had the issue that I know of yet but you can bet I'll be keeping a closer eye on it now, thanks for the warning!

I knew this was a problem with D40s, and watched my car with its air con running shortly after purchase.

Water pooled underneath: perfect, the hose was in the right spot.

Mine pooled under the car when I first got it while it was sitting in the driveway, but it is when you are underway and due to inertia etc the water comes back along the outside of the steel pipe and then drips inside.

Not saying yours will do it but still keep an eye on it.

Cheers, It is going to my local mechanic for its 20,000km service this week so I ill drop it in to nissan after that so that they don't try and talk me into a million dollar service while it's there.

Anyone got a build date on the affected models. Mine doesn't appear to do it yet and was wondering if the fix Nissan has might have made it into some of the 09 models.

Anyone got a build date on the affected models. Mine doesn't appear to do it yet and was wondering if the fix Nissan has might have made it into some of the 09 models.

I had the problem with mine Krafty June 08 build...but mine was simply a misalignment of the drain pipe and nothing to do with being cut short or whatever..took the guys at Nissan 10 minutes to fix and had no problems since...that was about a year ago.

I'm fairly sure I remember reading somewhere that Matt's is an early 09, my build date is closer to Tony's so it will be interesting to see what Nissan told him

My service was carried out and the air conditioning hose was where it was supposed to be. The tailgate was also fine, so it looks like mine was opened by an opportunistic thief trying to get in for a quick grab.

Of more concern is that despite mine reaching the 10K mark and having its service, I've not experienced the drop in fuel consumption that others have reported. But that's a tale for another thread when I feel the urge.

Yours is a mid to late 09 build isnt it Tony?

Maybe Nissan forgot to tweak the special economy screw when they had your nav so you wont get better economy.

Maybe thats the key to the problem, you have a leaky pipe or the switch because they haven't worked out how to mount them in different locations. I hope the switch is water proof if that is the case

Bought my 09 D40 late last year and have found that i get water dripping on my left foot after about 2 hrs driving. Dosen,t do it around town so must take a while for condensation to build up. Once it starts though I feel a drip every 15 min or so. Will check that pipe out tomorrow.

Bought my 09 D40 late last year and have found that i get water dripping on my left foot after about 2 hrs driving. Dosen,t do it around town so must take a while for condensation to build up. Once it starts though I feel a drip every 15 min or so. Will check that pipe out tomorrow.

You are getting it on your left foot as a driver or passenger?
On my Perth trip the a/c was running for anything up to 2 hours at a time on a daily basis and as yet I've had no issues. I'm hoping I got a properly working model but either way while the mate is servicing it today I might have a look at that and a few other things.

Drips on to my left foot while I,m driving. Had a look this morning behind the dash and above the pedals, not much there. The only thing that is tied in with the air con is the black plastic tube running thru to the drivers side air vent. My guess is that condensation is building up and dropping on to my foot. Next time it happens I will pull over and have a look. Don,t spose there is much you can do about it, a drip every now and again is no great issue. Only concern is that there is an ecu mounted between the tube and where my foot normally sits so as long as the water misses that there should,nt be a problem.

As this thread started out with the issue in the passenger side foot well I hadn't given the drivers side much thought but I can definitely say I haven't found anything in there and I do drive with bare feet a bit in the summer.

My guess is that if it's only a drip every now and again the ecu will be fine, but then I've resurrected many different electrical items that have been immersed in water. Thats not to say I wouldn't check into it a bit further an see if the problem can't be found.

I have never seen mine drip or felt it, but when I lift the floor mat up the carpet is often wet. Thats how I found it.

Back